Project Coordinator, Health
Type of Job
Starting at $50,000
Dec 6, 2021
About the job
Are you passionate about environmental health and making a positive impact on the environment? Do you thrive in collaborative work environments and value diverse and unique learning opportunities? Are you eager to connect your personal interests to a mission-driven organization that supports professional growth? NEEF has an excellent opportunity for a Project Coordinator, Health to join our team.
The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is a national leader in building public environmental literacy. Congressionally chartered in 1990 as a 501c3 nonprofit to complement the work of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NEEF is a non-partisan, non-advocacy organization working to make the environment more accessible, relatable, relevant, and connected to the daily lives of all Americans. NEEF collaborates with respected organizations, from both the public and private sector, to develop programs and trainings, organize events, and fund projects that empower people to positively impact our environment. NEEF’s major partners include Toyota, 3M, and International Paper as well as multiple federal government agencies. Through its network, NEEF aims to inspire the public to learn about their relationship to the environment and increase their environmental involvement.
We are seeking a creative, self-starter to play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of NEEF’s health projects and the development of best practices. Under the guidance of the Senior Program Director, the Project Coordinator will provide high-quality program support to drive the development of environmental health programs and trainings. This position will develop curricula and manage professional learning initiatives that promote health with a specific focus on health equity, children’s health, and underserved populations.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Support the Senior Program Director with planning, developing, and implementing complex environmental and public health programs.
· Prepare and maintain multiple health project plans, track progress, and prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders.
· Assist with developing and delivering best practice training content in the areas of environmental health and education.
· Participate in writing reports, publications, and other communications to highlight accomplishments/progress of health program activities.
· Support program evaluation and quality improvement activities including data collection, database management, and analysis.
· Represent NEEF Health at national, regional, and local meetings/conferences (as appropriate)
· Maintain relevant program data in Salesforce, LMS, and other specified federal databases to produce reports demonstrating NEEF health program impact.
· Research prospective funding opportunities and support the development of grant funding applications to support NEEF’s health programs.
· Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to develop and post relevant and engaging social media content.
· Partner with other Program Directors to support NEEF’s health work as it intersects with other program areas.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
· Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in public health, health education, environmental health science or equivalent work experience in environmental health.
· Minimum of three years of experience with Project Management or Project Coordination, preferably in a public health domain.
· Detail-oriented, proactive, and ability to prioritize effectively leading projects through completion.
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to work independently to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills with attention to detail; strong verbal communication skills.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with most major new media tools and direct experience as an active user on multiple outlets (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.).
· Demonstrated effectiveness in a team-oriented environment; creative and self-motivated.
· Working knowledge of environmental education is a plus.
· Familiarity with best practices in health equity and/or environmental justice is a plus.
Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. NEEF offers excellent benefits, a collaborative and learning environment, flexible hours, and values work-life balance. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a long-term impact at a growing organization. The office is in Washington, D.C. and is metro accessible. Our team is currently teleworking due to the pandemic. The position allows for permanent telework for qualified candidates in the US.
At NEEF, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve.
NEEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. NEEF is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment.