Project Assistant II - Natural Resources and Planning Division
Los Angeles, CA
Type of Job
$20.12 - $24.45
Aug 2, 2022
About the job
The MRCA is recruiting for a Project Assistant II who will need to be an organized individual who will provide administrative and staff support, handle an array of tasks, solve problems independently, and have good judgement in decision making. The work performed will support the MRCA’s goal of providing a safe park for the public to use.
Applications for this position are accepted online at https://www.calopps.org/mountains-recreation-conservation-authority. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation in the recruitment process. Learn more about joining the MRCA team at https://mrca.ca.gov/about/employment/.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, at-will position.
This position reports to the Project Manager. Assorted tasks may be supervised by the Division Chief and other Executive Staff.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
Assist in the development or modification of general agency procedures and manuals to achieve greater efficiency and compliance.
- · Filing of agency documents.
- · Coordination of Annual Parking Permit Program, including the processing of mail, receipts of parking permits, documenting payments, sorting, logging and issuing of parking permits.
- · Administration of citation reviews, processing letters by opening, sorting and allocating proper back-up documentation and photocopy of citations, logging citation reviews and mailing results to parties accordingly.
- · Maintain inventory control of parking program, ordering of citation forms, envelopes, tape and supplies for machines and administrative review forms and supplies.
- · General office duties such as typing, bookkeeping, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, faxing, etc.
- · Maintain and update Incident Reports database as needed, update old reports, assign and number reports.
- · Administration of Photo Enforcement Program. Receive and distribute all incoming mailing such as separation of letters, deposits, hearing requests and payments. File returns and post in Intelius system, prepare payment deposits, prepare hearing documentations, and mail hearing results, and control nominations of imputing information into database and file accordingly.
- · Return calls and be able to deal with difficult people. Mail out contesting documents to the public as needed.
- · Respond to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- · Act as a back-up in presenting Small Claims cases to the court.
- · Process permits, applications, prepare documents for approval and issue permits for tour vans
- · Communicate with tour companies by responding to voicemails and emails regarding the permit program
- · Maintain good habits of answering and responding to incoming telephone calls, correspondence, and when communicating and providing customer service to citizens who seek assistance.
- · Maintain positive relationships with coworkers, representatives of other government agencies, non-profit organizations, homeowner’s associations, and the public at large.
- · Perform related duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position, occasionally move about inside the office to access supplies and office machinery, frequently communicate and exchange information, review handwritten, electronic and facsimile documents, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. The employee must occasionally move items weighing up to 20 pounds inside the office.
Required Hours and Location
Will work a 9/80 alternative work schedule with some scheduling flexibility. Occasional overtime work on evenings or weekends upon prior approval by supervisor. The position may alternate between the River Center and Franklin Canyon Offices and may be required to travel to other various locations.
The majority of MRCA properties are open to the general public. Parking lots, shared public/office restrooms and in-person meeting rooms are open during regular business hours. The MRCA is committed to protecting its staff by ensuring appropriate physical distancing and proper infection control while supporting equitable access to services. Our requirements are based on the current County of Los Angeles guidance and are subject to change as the County updates their policies. This position is likely to have limited physical contact with members of the public in public areas such as parking lots, parklands, and vendor locations.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Education and Experience
- · Have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- · Minimum of three years of office administrative support experience is preferred.
- · Some college preferred
- · Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- · Must have experience and skilled in the use of software programs such as MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Training and Certification
- Must have a valid California driver’s license in good standing with a satisfactory driving record at the time of hire.
- Office procedure practices.
- Bilingual skills in English and another locally common language, such as Spanish, Korean, Farsi, Chinese, Armenian, Yiddish, or Tagalog is desired.
- Prioritize varying tasks and projects, manage time, and make regular, consistent progress on multiple projects at once.
- Handle confidential information according to procedures.
- Cooperate with coworkers and revise approach as needed to accommodate concerns.
- Work independently and as a team.
- Must be organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Complete projects and follow oral and written directions.
- Quickly change tasks and focus.
- Consistently follow agency procedures.
- Exercise discretion and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills. Not required to be a native English speaker, but fluency in English will be required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with those contacted in the course of work including the general public.
Employees must abide by the agency drug and alcohol policy(ies) and be willing to participate in agency emergency response. Bilingual skills in Spanish are highly desired.
All appointment offers are contingent upon the following:
- · Background check including submission of fingerprints to Department of Justice, and a record clean of violent crimes or felonies.
- · Successful completion of a physical examination including a drug test and TB test.
- · Verification of the right to work in the United States.
- · Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
The starting hourly rate for this position is $ 20.12 - $24.45.
Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of its employees and their families. Eligibility for benefits varies depending on the category of employment and how long the employee has worked. Our employees have access to several benefits, including:
- · Medical
- · Dental
- · Vision
- · Paid Leave; Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave
- · Retirement and Deferred Compensation option
- · Health/Dental Flexible Spending Account
- · Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- · Life Insurance
- · Employee Assistance Program
MRCA offers both Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans for Medical and Dental. A Vision Plan and Life Insurance is included with all options. Eligible employees may enroll in a 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and health/dental care. MRCA contracts with the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) to provide a defined benefits program for eligible employees.
This job announcement is not intended to, and does not, create an employment contract of any kind and does not create any express or implied contractual obligations. Employment at MRCA is at-will without exception. The employee and MRCA may terminate employment at any time with or without advance notice and with or without cause.
Any provision contained in this job announcement may be modified or revoked at any time without notice.