Programs Marketing Manager
Type of Job
Jun 30, 2021
About the job
Link here: www.ebce.org/job-opportunities/
About East Bay Community Energy
East Bay Community Energy (EBCE) is the Community Choice energy service provider for approximately 630,000 customer accounts across Alameda County and the City of Tracy. EBCE’s charter is to provide its customers with low carbon, cost-effective electricity that integrates innovative energy products and maximizes local benefits through the development of local solutions, ranging from increasing access to rooftop solar to supporting the adoption of electric vehicles. We want creative problem solvers that are excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment and grow our organization! EBCE is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that is reflective of our service area’s rich culture and communities.
EBCE is seeking to hire a full-time Programs Marketing Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Account Services and working closely with our Local Development, Electrification and Innovation team. EBCE is looking for candidates that can run outreach campaigns that result in excellent program participation.
EBCE runs multiple programs to deliver energy and energy-related services to our customers. Current programs include Resilient Home, which provides incentives for solar + battery installations; an induction cooktop lending program that lends equipment through EBCE Cities; energy efficiency programs for low-income households and commercial customers to help save money during peak hours. EBCE will soon be offering batteries to medical baseline customers to provide backup power during outages and enrolling customers with past due balances in a debt forgiveness program.
EBCE needs an experienced marketing and customer engagement professional to design, manage, and implement outreach campaigns. The Programs Marketing Manager will support EBCE as follows:
- Working across the marketing and programs teams, design, manage, and implement customer engagement campaigns
- Track, measure, and improve participation metrics
- Identify the best channels for customer engagement
- Improve the overall customer experience
Culture: EBCE fosters a culture of open communication, responsibility, curiosity, accountability, teamwork, and care. As a small team, cultural fit is key to individual and team success. We welcome a diversity of experiences and perspectives.
Start date: The application is open until Monday, July 12, 2021 at 5 PM. Candidates should send application materials to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Location: This position will be based in EBCE headquarters in Oakland, near BART.
Employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and strongly encourage people of color, women, those who identify as LGBTQ+, non-binary individuals, and those with disabilities to apply.
Compensation: Competitive compensation package offered, based on candidate experience. A manager salary ranges from $120-150K. Benefits: Excellent benefit offerings include: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, and Holidays for all eligible employees. Details will be available at the interview.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, manage, and implement customer engagement campaigns
- For each program, develop strategies for launch and prepare schedule of tasks
- Participate in program development to set realistic enrollment targets
- Develop and test messaging to elicit best customer response
- Design and implement multi-channel campaigns such as email, social media, and direct mail
- Align campaigns with broader EBCE marketing activities through coordination with Marketing Director
- Ensure compliance to budget and schedule
- Manage and coordinate work of external consulting agencies
- Evaluate performance of campaigns, analyze results against best-in-class examples, and recommend improvements
2. Measure and manage customer experience
- Manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories
- Manage annual/biannual/quarterly customer satisfaction surveys to assess program products
- Develop and project manage strategies to increase accuracy of customer contact information and preferred communication channels
- Target happy customers for upsell, cross-sell, and advocacy opportunities
- Provide program feedback given by advocates to the Local Programs team
Potential Duties and Responsibilities:
Desired Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS degree + 5 years experience or 10 years experience in customer engagement, communications, marketing, or related field
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing customer-facing engagement campaigns
- Proven ability to develop engaging messages, execute campaigns, track performance, and improve process for successful customer acquisition
- Understanding of various marketing and sales touchpoints
- Strong writer and content creator
- Good time-management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
The physical demands described here are representative of those required for the position. Position requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, and twisting in the performance of daily activities. The position requires hand manipulation and repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard. The position requires near and far vision in reading reports and use of a computer. Acute hearing is required in supporting meetings and providing phone and in-person customer service. The position occasionally requires lifting and/or moving objects up to 20 pounds. EBCE will make reasonable accommodation of the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified application with a disability upon request.
Possession and continued maintenance of a valid class C California driver’s license or the ability to provide alternate transportation and a safe driving record.
Applicants must submit a cover letter outlining key qualifications and reasons for your interest, current resume. Please email these documents and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on Monday, July 12, 2021.
Working at East Bay Community Energy
EBCE is committed to complying with applicable laws, including the Americans with Disability Act and Fair Employment and Housing Act, ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. EBCE prohibits unlawful discrimination based on age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), genetic information or characteristics, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or on any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
The information contained herein has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The information also does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.