Type of Job
$50,000 - $55,000
Aug 18, 2022
About the job
Programs Coordinator | Urban Green Council
Urban Green Council’s educational programs are the go-to resource for the region’s sustainability community: architects, engineers, contractors, tradespeople, policymakers, nonprofit leaders, energy consultants, and building owners and operators. Over 1,500 people attend our annual educational events on climate policy, green technologies, advancements in building practices, and changes to codes.
The Programs Coordinator will manage the creation and execution of live and recorded educational events, and support the development of on-demand courses for building professionals.
This will be a largely remote position, but will be required to be onsite for special events and meetings in the New York City area. All Urban Green staff are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19.
The person who will best succeed in this role:
- Feels a sense of ownership to get things done; a partner on the team who sees it as their responsibility to manage and deliver events on time.
- Is a process thinker with great organizational skills and an eye toward continuous improvement; this person enjoys handling details and can methodically create, manage and implement multiple projects running in parallel, while improving internal processes such as simplifying event registration, or rethinking how we recruit volunteers.
- Possesses excellent project management, leadership and collaboration skills; this person Is a problem-solver who thrives in small companies and solves problems creatively. They anticipate roadblocks and potential problems and develop a plan to address them.
- Authentic enthusiasm about sustainability; their interest in green building is genuine, and they value building long-term industry relationships and connecting with members of our audience to better understand the types of programming we should develop.
- Expert communication skills. The Programs Coordinator should have excellent interpersonal skills, including writing and public speaking. They can communicate with a wide group of stakeholders and know when and what to communicate.
The responsibilities of the Programs Coordinator will evolve over time, but current key duties include:
- Coordinate Live Educational Events:
- Develop and coordinate 10 to 15 live and live-streamed seminars and tours per year, including our annual conference, and ensure events run smoothly.
- Work with the Senior Director of Education to develop innovative program content that integrates with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Represent Urban Green at events by welcoming speakers and guests, making public announcements, and introducing speakers.
- Implement all event logistics including coordinating registration and check-in, computer and AV requirements, and refreshments.
- Manage relationships with hosts, and external producers for large-scale events.
- For online events, ensure technology is working and presenters are prepared.
- Serve as the main point of contact for event-related inquiries for attendees, speakers, staff, and volunteers.
- Collect and analyze post-event evaluations and statistics, including attendee surveys, to guide future programming.
- Outreach and Promotion:
- Work with the Communications team to promote events widely using existing and new outreach channels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations to expand our audience by cross-promoting events.
- Create and Deliver Video Content
- Produce and manage Urban Green Live and a new podcast featuring short case studies of green building strategies, techniques and technologies.
- Manage all logistical aspects of online programming, including coordinating speakers and recording sessions.
- Secure continuing education credits for live events.
- Manage recordings of live events
- Support video production and editing for on-demand courses.
- Volunteer Outreach and Management
- Coordinate Monthly Programs Committee that advises on event content
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate quarterly committee meetings.
- Recruit, select, and onboard a diverse group of committee members annually.
- Manage communication with the Committee. Capture meeting minutes, manage document sharing with members, and confirm next steps are completed.
Benefits and Compensation
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000 and offers will be made commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- 100% employee coverage for medical and dental
- 401k with 4% employer match
- 15 vacation days in your first year, 8 paid holidays, and 2 personal days
- Office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Early closure on Fridays during the summer
- 100% employee coverage for Life, Short Term and Long Term disability insurance
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please fill out this application form. After submitting your application, you can expect to hear from our hiring team regarding their decision within a few weeks. You may reach out to email@example.com with any questions, but applications received by email will not be reviewed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Urban Green Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Urban Green’s Organizational Values:
- Excellence: We strive for innovative high-quality programs and ideas.
- Inclusion: The diverse voices and backgrounds of our employees, board of directors, members, and partners make us stronger.
- Collaboration: We believe consensus delivers better solutions and teamwork is essential to our success.
Engagement: We promote a culture of performance, participation, and curiosity.