San Diego, CA
Type of Job
$23/hr - $27/hr
Aug 22, 2023
About the job
This position supports ICF’s Program Team in grantmaking, reporting, research, event planning, and special initiatives as needed, to together advance diverse and intersectional portfolios, as well as providing direct administrative support to the Director of Programs. At times, this position will require traveling to the geographies where ICF works and being available outside of normal business hours.
1. Support Program Initiatives (50%):
- Provide administrative support to the Program Director and team.
- Provide technical support, collect and review proposals, budgets, due diligence and legal requirements, as well as contract/special project management as needed.
- Draft, edit and translate proposals and reports.
- Track grantee progress, provide analysis and high-level reporting to funding partners.
- Manage and track relationships with community partners.
- Organize and attend site visits and events with community partners, funders and grantees.
- Conduct literature reviews and other program related research.
2. Support the Grantmaking Process (40%):
- Support the implementation, coordination and approval of grant cycles with Program Officers and the Grants Team.
- Communicate with grantees about proposal and report templates and required due diligence.
- Review due diligence documents to ensure they are accurate and complete.
- Utilize and enhance ICF’s grant management system and complimentary platforms to populate and maintain grantee and funder information.
- Coordinate payments for special projects including consultant invoices and fees.
3. Support Community Leadership and Organizational Development (10%):
- Help to foster strong funder and grantee relationships.
- Support nonprofit resiliency/capacity building efforts.
- Support opportunities for grantees, including workshops, peer-to-peer meetings, and program events in Mexico and the U.S.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must have permission to work in the US.
- Passion for ICF’s mission and a general interest in international development.
- A bachelor's degree with an international focus or a similar focus.
- Preferably 1-2 years of nonprofit and/or philanthropic experience.
- Desire to advocate for the Baja Peninsula, Mexico and Latin America.
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask while maintaining quality of work.
- Ability to work independently and on a team, take initiative to lead or direction from others.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor and lead with integrity.
- Strong donor/client service orientation in person, on the phone, and in written correspondence.
- Strong communications skills, including a sense of diplomacy, flexibility, and discretion.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including high competency in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Spanish and English, and ability to articulate matters related to our industry in both languages.
This position will require routinely sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending for 8+ hours per day. Position requires the occasional lifting of objects up to 10lbs.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ICF we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The International Community Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation. Please send your resume and cover letter to Lilian Amarillas at Lilian@icfdn.org by September 1st. Include “Program Specialist” in the subject line.
Salary: $23 - $25 per hour (DOE)