Program Manager - Electrify Your Ride
Charlottesville, VA or Remote
Type of Job
$50 - $70,000
Aug 19, 2021
About the job
Program Manager – Electrify Your Ride
Generation180 is a national non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA. We inspire and equip individuals to take action on clean energy. We create opportunities for new voices to be heard as clean energy advocates and invest in their growth as leaders.
Momentum for clean energy and climate action is at a high point and growing -- putting us on the verge of a cultural and economic shift away from fossil fuels toward cleaner, healthier, more equitable future for everyone. Generation180 works to accelerate this shift by providing individuals with clear pathways to action and popularizing a new narrative of agency and hope that says:
- Your energy matters: you can take steps right now that will make an impact and accelerate our transition to clean energy.
- Together, we’ve got this: the solutions are ready and 100% clean energy is possible; the transition is happening and we’re making progress. The time to engage is now.
- A new, clean energy future can be more just and equitable, lifting up communities that disproportionately suffered under the fossil-fuel economy. We are demanding that it be so.
Generation180 runs scalable campaigns using creative communication and organizing strategies rooted in behavioral science that inspire people to act. Current campaigns include:
- Electrify Your Ride: a campaign that educates consumers, policymakers, and the media about electric vehicles (EVs) and equips EV enthusiasts to be effective ambassadors.
- Solar For All Schools: a campaign leading the national K-12 solar schools movement through thought leadership and advocate empowerment.
- Electric School Buses: a campaign to speed up adoption of electric school buses.
- Flip The Script: a program that deploys creative communications across a variety of platforms telling motivating, compelling clean energy stories.
Generation180 is helping to spur a movement that will speed up the transition toward a more equitable clean energy economy. To learn more, please visit our website www.Generation180.org
Transportation is the leading source of addressable carbon emissions. As a member of the Generation180 Electrify Your Ride team, you will have a direct impact in helping accelerate the transition to electric vehicles.
Electrify Your Ride inspires and educates consumers, policymakers, and the media about electric vehicles and equips electric vehicle enthusiasts to be effective ambassadors. If you’re an energetic, creative thinker with a marketing mind, passionate about the transition to clean energy, then this is the place for you!
The Electrify Your Ride Program Manager joins the team at a crucial time of rapid expansion. The Manager will work closely with the Program Director to continue to grow the Electrify Your Ride program nationally.
The Program Manager is responsible for supporting development and execution of the Electrify Your Ride strategic plan to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles. Key activities include electric vehicle awareness building initiatives, ambassador leadership development programs, equitable pro-electric vehicle policy advocacy, partnership outreach, and development and support of future state-based program staff and management of program intern(s).
- Manage and Grow Electric Vehicles Ambassador Network - Mobilize and activate Generation180’s engaged network of electric vehicles owners, developing and delivering training opportunities and expanding library of relevant resources.
- Develop Original Educational and Entertaining Content – Plan and execute monthly virtual event series to engage and grow Generation180’s audience. Manage in-person family friendly community events, workplace programs, and equity initiatives.
- Lead Pathways for Engagement – In collaboration with our future Director of Engagement, develop opportunities for electric vehicle advocates to engage, to include user generated content initiatives, social media campaigns, in-person events, etc.
- Strategy Development and Performance Analytics - Help drive and coordinate the Program’s strategic vision, developing and executing growth strategies while tracking achievable and stretch goal metrics.
- SupportEquitable Pro-EV Policy – Help advocate for equitable policy to increase the accessibility of electric vehicles. Stay up to date generally on relevant local, state, and Federal policy initiatives.
- Support Research and Analysis – Help develop original research and analysis, providing comprehensive reports highlighting relevant electric vehicle consumer sentiment, equitable policy recommendations, and segment opportunities / challenges.
- Message Development and Marketing - Support cross functional teams in development of original content, creative approaches to audience development, storytelling, media tactics, and engagement strategies.
- Partnership Developments and Relationship Building – Identify, develop, and manage long term strategic partnerships to amplify complementary efforts. Support to include representing Generation180 in conferences, both as an attendee and panelist.
- Program Development - Play key role in the development (from concept development to execution) of new initiatives and program pilots.
- Support Cross Functional Teams – Work collaboratively among Generation180 teams as needed. Support future state-based program staff and management of program intern(s).
- 5 + years of relevant experience, background in marketing / communications, creative agency, or advocacy/issue-related campaigns ideal.
- Strong interest in the areas of mobility, transportation, sustainability, climate change, clean energy, environmental justice, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric vehicles and e-mobility, including market dynamics, relevant state and federal policy, industry players, etc.
- Effective relationship-building skills, including experience working across sectors and organizations (i.e. volunteers, corporations, legislators, academia, etc.), often with non-traditional partners, to build large, coordinated efforts that drive strong outcomes.
- Creative, flexible, positive attitude with a good sense of humor and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to take initiative, develop ideas, and see them through to implementation.
- Experience working with teams that have a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, enjoys public speaking.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- High performance marketer, with a passion for storytelling and developing compelling messages. An understanding of multi-channel marketing strategies is ideal.
- Support of Generation180’s mission and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We are a very team-oriented organization. Generation180 employees enjoy a positive, fun and collaborative work environment and have the opportunity to make significant impact on the planning, execution, and growth of the organization.
- Generation180 staff has regular social events together (virtual and in-person), including staff retreats.
- We walk the talk and encourage use of local energy and low-carbon choices at home and work.
- We encourage work-life balance and allow staff to flex hours during the week.
- We welcome diversity and unique experiences and perspectives, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation range is $50,000-$70,000 based on experience. We welcome candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who have the skills to fulfill this role–regardless of compensation history.
Generation180 offers generous benefits. Full-time employees receive 4 weeks of vacation, 12 sick days per year, and 11 holidays. Health, dental, and life insurance are provided along with HSA contributions and reimbursement for vision expenses. Additional benefits include retirement contributions, paid parental leave, childcare reimbursements, professional development funds and leave, electric vehicle purchase incentive and more.
The Generation180 office is located in downtown Charlottesville, VA and we work east coast hours. We prefer candidates willing to work in Charlottesville, but will consider remote work for the right candidate.
Everyone on the Generation180 team is fully vaccinated. We require that all new team members be vaccinated too. Currently, all Generation180 staff have the option to work remotely until safer levels of community spread are reached. We are following all local, state, and national guidelines.
How To Apply
Position open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Sept. 19 2021. Please submit a resume and cover letter specific to this position to email@example.com. Include “EYR Program Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail.