Program Manager, Electric Vehicle Infrastructure and Federal Investments
Type of Job
Oct 21, 2022
About the job
Are you inspired by this EV moment and want to use your program management skills and policy expertise to help accelerate the transition to electric transportation? Are you a motivated and experienced professional looking to take the next step in your career? Do you enjoy building relationships and executing strategic approaches to achieve policy goals? Can you use your keen organizational skills and awesome attention to detail to benefit a growing team of determined colleagues?
Key Work Areas
• Leading writing projects including reports, policy briefs and white papers, op-eds, and similar.
•Facilitating convenings and building stakeholder relationships
• Presenting information to public audiences through conferences, webinars, and other events.
• Managing projects to achieve specific grant deliverables.
• Developing and providing deep policy expertise on issues related to EV charging. Key Characteristics
• You have at least 3 years of direct program or project management experience. You are skilled at managing teams located offsite.
• You have experience developing and advancing electric vehicle, clean transportation, or climate change policies at the state or federal level.
• You have knowledge of, and ideally experience in the electric vehicle industry and experience with EV charging and/or ability or willingness to learn quickly.
• You have strong writing skills.
• You have experience and aptitude with communications strategies and campaigns.
• You have an understanding of the United States system of government and how local, state, and federal policies and programs interact and influence each other.
• You have excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills combined with technical expertise, providing you with the ability to translate relevant technical issues to general audiences.
• You have an awesome ability to work at a fast pace, under pressure to meet deadlines.
• You love working as part of a team to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment.
More Background on This Position
We are seeking an experienced, passionate, and innovative program manager to take a leadership role in our work to maximize recent federal investments in EV infrastructure. As a program manager on the EV Infrastructure and Federal Investments team, you will lead projects to stretch dollars farther by driving public and private partnerships to unlock additional capital, break down state and local barriers to deployment, create technical support that can work at scale, and build capacity in government and within the stakeholder community to support rapid adoption of transportation electrification solutions for all.
In this position, you will apply your skills and experience in the areas of electric vehicle policy or deployment issues, stakeholder engagement, advocacy and campaigns, program and people management, and writing and analysis. You will manage multiple projects and multiple team members in a remote environment. Your strong bias for action and record of delivering results will help us address the challenges of energy security, climate change, and oil dependence.
To submit your application for this position please send a cover letter and CV to Annie Freyschlag, Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Full job description can be found at: https://www.electrificationcoalition.org/join-our-team/
About The Electrification Coalition
The Electrification Coalition (EC) is a national, nonpartisan not-for-profit organization committed to promoting policies and actions that facilitate the accelerated deployment of electric vehicles (EVs) on a mass scale. For more than 10 years, the EC and its sister organization, Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE), have sought to reduce our nation’s dependence on oil – which is currently responsible for powering 92 percent of our transportation system.