Program Coordinator, U.S. Region
Boston, San Francisco
Type of Job
56,000 - 63,000 USD
Apr 22, 2022
About the job
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Work Locations: Boston or San Francisco
The Program Coordinator, US Region Initiatives Operations provides vital programmatic and administrative support by developing and implementing efficient protocols for project tracking, program expenses, invoice and contract management, scheduling, and meeting and event planning for projects designed to help advance the goals of the US Region Initiatives team. This position supports team members located in different time zones and countries across the team so the ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required. The Program Coordinator proactively solves problems and independently troubleshoots and addresses issues that arise and possesses strong communication skills. This is a challenging role requiring advanced organizational and time management skills, great attention to detail and the ability to respond to quickly shifting priorities. The Program Coordinator reports to the Operations Director, US Region Initiatives.
- Work with program management, program staff and program finance staff to help maintain and monitor budget.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills by responding to requests for information, helping to coordinate activities and projects for the team and preparing correspondence and reports as needed.
- Administer contracts for consultants, including assistance in writing and processing contracts and working with program staff and consultants to ensure the fulfillment of contractual obligations and timely submission of invoices.
- Maintain schedules and provide travel arrangements for program leadership
- Conduct the administrative processes of the team, which include expense reports, budget maintenance and invoice processing. Follow through with finance staff to ensure payments are made and consultants apprised.
- Manage other administrative tasks associated with staff, consultants, and interns, including logistics, office needs, and telecommunications.
- Assist in preparation of legal and regulatory filings, including tracking key submission deadlines, associated financial reimbursements, and preparation of reports on progress.
- Assist Program staff and other colleagues to better communicate and coordinate on joint projects.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- In collaboration with the Program Financial Analyst, review monthly reports of actual vs. budget results; investigate, and explain variances from budget for expense line items; and advise program managers, program staff and finance staff on trends and issues of concern.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 or more years of professional experience
- Creativity, energy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Excellent project management and administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player and independently as a self-starter.
- Ability to manage and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Experience with budgeting, accounting and/or bookkeeping a plus.
- Interest in environmental advocacy is strongly preferred.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 56,000 - 63,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.