Program Associate, Climate Corps
Boston, MA, New York, NY, or Washington DC
Type of Job
Apr 21, 2021
About the job
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
PROGRAM ASSOCIATE, CLIMATE CORPS®
Boston, MA, Washington DC, or New York, NY
Climate Corps® (www.edfclimatecorps.org) is a network of professionals united to advance climate solutions. This network is grounded in an innovative summer fellowship program, which embeds trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to accelerate and advance energy and climate goals. Since the program’s launch in 2008, Climate Corps fellows have uncovered over $1.6 billion dollars in energy savings for participating organizations. With a network of over 2,300 professionals, Climate Corps seeks to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon energy system by inspiring and empowering leaders.
This is a two-year fixed term position.
The Program Associate plays an important role in enabling the Climate Corps program to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, tell compelling stories, and showcase the program’s impact through its website and other public facing materials. The Associate will also be a key contributor to the fellowship program by supporting pre-fellowship preparation, acting as an engagement manager for summer fellowships, coordinating the process to post fellow summaries, and contributing to other key fellowship activities. Finally, the Associate will help support event logistics for various in-person and virtual fellow and network events.
- Maintain communication with key stakeholders by gathering, organizing, and editing the team’s communications to fellows and alumni on events, news, resources, fundraising, and program updates through regular newsletters and email campaigns.
- Work with the EDF+Business marketing and communications team to support social media efforts including creating share images, drafting tweets and other social media activities.
- Help to identify and develop key stories that emerge from the summer fellowship program and the alumni network and coordinate with others at EDF on story opportunities.
- Maintain Climate Corps photo libraries - including internal library and online network-facing library - by resizing and organizing fellow headshots and onsite photos, coordinating with EDF Digital Librarians on uploads to the EDF Library, fielding requests for photos from EDF staff, and coordinating professional photography shoots at fellowship and alumni locations by researching local photographers, scheduling shoots, and processing invoices.
- Coordinate with and support project leads on design and content for program brochures, presentations, and other assets, and engage the EDF Content Team for new content creation.
- Ensure the Climate Corps website stays up to date by routinely gathering and updating content, and contributing to the online Climate Corps network platform by adding job opportunities and promoting events.
- Coordinate the process to post fellow summaries to the Climate Corps website by gathering and organizing project information and coordinating with the Webteam to create the pages, delivering a webinar to fellows on how to write their project summaries, tracking summary submissions and reviewing and editing as needed, and organizing and preparing fields and photos for the Webteam to upload.
- Identify, track, and organize opportunities for nominating alumni to various industry awards.
- Contribute to other key fellowship activities, including tracking pre-fellowship preparation, and contributing to fellow recruitment presentations, host recruitment, project implementation collection, feedback surveys and after-action reviews.
- Oversee 5 relationships with Climate Corps host organizations including supporting summer fellowships and ensuring successful completion of fellowship deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented self-starter with demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload
- Ability to organize data, information and files in a thoughtful manner
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and professional environment
- Ability to advance EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included and empowered to address the environmental challenges we face. This includes fostering equitable systems and empowering diverse constituencies both internally and externally
- Must demonstrate cultural awareness and the knowledge, attitude, behavior and skills that lead to a culturally competent workplace. Must demonstrate a commitment to continued self-assessment, learning and growth to increase and broaden culturally competent skillsets that produce effective interactions with People across diverse cultures and backgrounds. This includes the ability to adapt to cultural change
- Proficiency in the use of PCs, Microsoft Office suite, and Google products
- Experience with design or photo editing software and comfort with using WordPress to edit websites preferred
- Interest in the business implications of climate and energy issues
- Willingness to travel (5-10% of the time)
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.