Type of Job
From $50k commensurate with experience
Mar 15, 2022
About the job
Full-time salaried position with benefits.
Location: Colorado (Roaring Fork Valley preferred). The ideal candidate will be located within a 1 hour driving radius of Glenwood Springs, CO.
AGCI is seeking a multi-talented, focused, and self-motivated Program Associate to support AGCI’s interdisciplinary science workshop series and database management. The Program Associate will also have opportunities to contribute to other projects, including AGCI’s Clean & Just Energy Pathways project, Interactive Roaring Fork Observation Network, and initiatives to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion within the geosciences.
Work Schedule & Compensation
Start date is as soon as possible. AGCI will consider a flexible work schedule.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous paid time off, healthcare, IRA contributions, flexible scheduling, wellness benefits, and professional development opportunities.
- Provide support to AGCI Program Director and other AGCI staff with ongoing projects related to global change;
- Assist in the planning of interdisciplinary workshops (virtual, hybrid, and in-person) including correspondence, logistical and videoconferencing support for participants from around the world;
- Assist in the execution of workshops (virtual, hybrid, and in-person) including technical facilitation (for virtual, hybrid workshops), and coordination with workshop venues, hotels, and restaurants (for in-person workshops);
- Management of AGCI’s Salesforce database and sections of the website related to the interdisciplinary workshop series, including documenting all workshop agendas, presentations, contacts, and outputs.
These are preferred qualifications – individuals are encouraged to apply even if they don’t meet 100% of them.
- Bachelor’s degree (relevant field/discipline preferred)
- Experience working in nonprofit, academic, or private sector in areas related to global change, energy transition, and/or environmental studies (3+ years preferred)
- Proficiency with technology: Ability to collaborate in a virtually-connected office environment; experience with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Dropbox
- Experience managing data and databases, and working with customer relationship management (CRM) platforms; or interest/motivation to learn (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience with event planning or interest/motivation to learn
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a small, supportive office that values curiosity, attention to detail, flexibility, growth, humor, communication, self-motivation, as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Desire to join and foster the growth of a dynamic nonprofit organization
Please submit a CV and cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in this position through indeed.com.
Applications received before March 31, 2022 will receive priority consideration. Additional applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis thereafter until a candidate is appointed.
AGCI is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to ensuring an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We welcome people of all identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
If you feel you do not meet all the listed qualifications but can accomplish the aims of this position, we encourage you to apply! You will have the opportunity to share additional details about your work experience that are not reflected in a traditional resume. Our employment decisions are based on our organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, family or parental status, disability, age, national origin, or any other protected status.
The Aspen Global Change Institute (AGCI) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to advance global change science and solutions. As described in our Strategic Plan, the goals of the Institute are to further understanding of human and Earth systems, catalyze solutions at speed and scale, and nurture diverse and inclusive community across research and practice. This includes work on topics such as climate change, energy technology and policy, natural resource management, and science policy. AGCI programs include interdisciplinary workshops, cross-cutting research, and technical assistance to practitioners implementing solutions to global change. Running through the Institute’s DNA is a strong institutional commitment to excellence in science that is actionable and inclusive. AGCI was founded in 1989 and is a Colorado-based 501(c)(3) organization that supports staff and partners working to implement a mission that is international in scope yet grounded in local contexts and problem domains. As an "Institute Without Walls," AGCI staff and consultants are based in Colorado, Michigan, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Washington, and Oregon.