Program Assistant - Fiscal Sponsorship Program
Type of Job
$50K - $60K
Nov 9, 2022
About the job
Are you interested in supporting a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing marine conservation?
The Ocean Foundation (TOF), a non-profit international community foundation based in Washington, D.C., is looking for a Program Assistant to provide administrative and operational assistance to support our diverse portfolio of fiscally sponsored projects. Fiscal sponsorship at TOF refers to the practice of providing legal and administrative services to individuals and organizations carrying out marine-focused projects around the world.
The position’s primary functions include contract and grant administration, data entry, systems support, client relations, and donor management. Key objectives of the position include: advancing operational efficiency, maintaining strong partner relations, and providing technological support across the program.
As a core guiding principle, TOF works to foster greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the design and execution of all programs. The Program Assistant position is instrumental in maintaining our core values across the Fiscal Sponsorship Program.
- No degree required
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Salesforce or any CRM experience is a plus
- Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite experience is a plus
- Spanish language is a plus
Job Title: Program Assistant
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Program Assistant position supports The Ocean Foundation’s Fiscal Sponsorship Program . Job responsibilities include contract and grants administration, data entry, systems support, client relations, and donor management. Key objectives of the position include advancing operational efficiency, maintaining strong partner relations, and providing technological support across the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails
- Handle client and team queries regarding networks, systems, and applications, and manage online resources
- Establish or oversee support platforms
- Continuously identify new ways to improve TOF’s knowledge management systems and procedures
- Schedule team and project meetings, and prepare equipment accordingly
- Proofread documents and other content
- Support contracts and grants management for all fiscally sponsored projects
- Prepare acknowledgment letters and tax receipts for all Fiscal Sponsorship Program revenue including individual donors and foundation grants
- Draft Purchase Orders (PO) and provide procurement support for fiscally sponsored projects, including travel and equipment-related purchases
- Assist program staff with monitoring and evaluation of quarterly and annual data collection and analysis
- Act as a liaison between departments
- Support efforts to foster greater diversity and inclusion among fiscally sponsored projects and personnel
Travel Requirements (If travel is required, give an estimate of the time spent traveling):
There is no required travel for this position. However, there may be opportunities to engage with fiscally sponsored projects, and participate in training workshops, conferences, and other position-related events.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Remote. While most work will be remote, potential working conditions are characteristic of an office setting. Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated. Physical demands required to perform work include walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items up to a maximum of 10 lbs.