Program & Legal Assistant
Type of Job
Feb 19, 2022
About the job
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is seeking an organized and enthusiastic Program and Legal Assistant to join our team in Arizona. The Program and Legal Assistant will work 30 hours per week, and will provide a full range of administrative and legal support to the Clean Energy Program’s Arizona team; this includes office management for our Phoenix location, paralegal support for the Clean Energy Program attorneys, and some administrative support of other program staff working out of the Phoenix office. Duties may include filing legal documents, case management, assembling presentations, drafting correspondence and other materials, and liaising with WRA’s remotely located IT staff. Reporting to the Arizona Senior Staff Attorney, Clean Energy Program, this position offers an excellent chance to work with energy and environmental policy experts, with opportunities for expanding knowledge of environmental issues and evidence-based solutions to combating climate change in Arizona and other states where WRA works.
This position can work in WRA’s Phoenix office; or a hybrid remote and in-office setting; with the expectation to work from the office at least two days a week.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
CASE MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM SUPPORT
- Prepare and reconcile monthly expense reports, processing accounts payable and reimbursement claims.
- Keep electronic and physical records organized, and routing mail.
- Assist with preparation of reports, studies, presentations, and litigation/docket files and binders.
- Case management including tracking case dockets, maintaining case log, drafting motions and pleadings, legal and subject-matter research, maintaining discovery index, locating and preparing exhibits, filing documents with agencies and/or courts, hearing preparation, and other paralegal support.
- Drafting correspondence and other materials.
- Other tasks as assigned, including providing occasional administrative assistance to other WRA staff based in Phoenix.
- Provide reception, answer phones, and calendar meetings for Clean Energy Program (CEP) staff.
- Make or assist in travel arrangements on behalf of CEP staff.
- Provide basic IT support, liaising with WRA’s remotely located IT Manager.
- Purchase office supplies, assure offices are maintained, make minor repairs, take out trash/recycling, mail packages, coordinate contractors for maintenance or IT-related repairs, and manage rental and repair contracts.
- Occasionally coordinate a team building activity with the Phoenix staff.
- Excellent calendar management skills and an ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks.
- Proven administrative experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Impeccable written and oral communications skills.
- Comfort and skill in communicating with a variety of sophisticated constituencies and audiences including staff, donors, foundation program officers and executives, conservation partners, elected officials, decision makers, and business executives.
- Integrity and ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Collaborative instincts and a sense of humor.
- Ease with working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Intrinsically motivated with a desire to learn about conservation issues and topics in nonprofit management, fundraising and leadership.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Program and Legal Assistant will work 30 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $30,750-$37,500 annually; salary depends on relevant experience and new staff rarely start at the top of the range. WRA’s excellent benefits package for this position includes health, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k)-retirement plan, life & disability insurance, paid vacation leave, sick leave, parental leave, and sabbatical leave after five years. WRA’s offices are closed December 25 – January 1 for Winter Break. Position is non-exempt.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MONDAY, MARCH 21, 2022