Postdoctoral Research Fellow
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Type of Job
$60,000/year w/ full benefits
Jan 6, 2023
About the job
The Yale Program on Climate Change Communication invites applications for a full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow to contribute to our ongoing experimental research on the public's climate change knowledge, risk perceptions, policy preferences, and behavior. The program conducts scientific surveys and message experiments at the national, international, and global scales, as well as with specific communities and organizations. The program also includes several projects that engage the public in climate change science and solutions.
- Conduct scientific research to advance the theory and practice of effective climate change communication, and the psychological, cultural, political, and social factors influencing public awareness, risk perceptions, policy preferences and behavior.
- Contribute to message experiment research design, implementation, data analysis, and data management.
- Author peer-reviewed publications and public reports.
- Help maintain a database, including research materials, datasets, and codebooks.
- Work with an interdisciplinary and international network of researchers.
Required education and experience
- Candidates must have a PhD in a relevant field or discipline, such as psychology, political science, communication, or public health.
- Proficiency in survey and experimental research design, methods, and analysis.
- Proficiency in data analysis, using R, SPSS, or other statistics packages.
- Proficiency in data and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate research results to both expert and non-expert audiences.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
The review of applications will begin on January 31, 2023, and the position will remain open until filled. The position is a full-time appointment for one year, with full benefits, and with the possibility of renewal for a second year, dependent upon performance and availability of funding.
For full consideration, applicants must submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Experimental Postdoc Application – (your last name)” in the subject line. Applications should include: (1) a cover letter addressed to Dr. Anthony Leiserowitz, including a statement of research interests and career goals, with names and contact information for three professional references, and (2) a curriculum vita. Applications should contain all documents in a single PDF attached to the email.