Type of Job
Sep 28, 2021
About the job
Climate Cabinet Action helps local leaders run, win, and legislate on the climate crisis. State and local elected officials play an outsized role in dealing with the impacts of climate change and directing an equitable clean energy transition. Through data-driven candidate engagement, support, and accountability, we’re ensuring decision-makers all the way downballot take office with a mandate to govern on climate.
We’re looking for a Political Director to be a core member of our leadership team. This person will develop strategies to build political power for climate action in local offices across the US.
- Develop and execute a downballot electoral engagement strategy for climate and environmental justice wins.
- Design and execute a strategy to integrate winning climate messaging and policy priorities into candidate training and support programs.
- Build relationships with political candidates; legislators; and climate, environmental justice, and political partners to create a political mandate for downballot climate action.
- Analyze, track, and assess priority electoral opportunities in states across the US.
- This will involve: Managing fellows and volunteers; coordinating fundraising activities; creating campaign toolkits and strategic messaging materials.
- 3+ years experience with political campaigns and/or politics.
- Must have deep knowledge of political campaigning, campaign finance, and political fundraising. The ideal candidate will also have experience with climate, energy, and/or environmental justice policy.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Strong writing and data skills.
- Excited about working in a small, mission-driven, fully remote work environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; premiums fully covered.
- Salary: negotiable based on experience.
Location: remote. Slight preference (but not requirement) for San Francisco or Chicago.
To apply, please send your resume and a short statement of interest to email@example.com with subject line: “Job Application - Political Director.”
Deadline: rolling until October 8, 2021.
We encourage you to apply for this position regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other identities.