Policy and Program Coordinator
Type of Job
Apr 11, 2022
About the job
POSITION SUMMARY: New Jersey Future (NJF) seeks a skilled, organized, and motivated individual to manage the day-to-day operations of NJF’s Mainstreaming Green Infrastructure (MGI) Program. This position addresses climate change and equity through more innovative methods that manage stormwater, make our communities greener, and emphasize the use of natural systems. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, work independently and in a team, and take on expanding responsibilities in a fast-paced, fun, and collegial environment while managing many priorities. The coordinator will help shape and articulate policy positions, build consensus with stakeholders, advocate for change, and coordinate the logistics of program activities. This position will report to the Policy Director. The coordinator will collaborate with colleagues working on related projects.
● Manage day-to-day operations of the Mainstreaming Green Infrastructure program and ensure timely and efficient progress toward milestones.
● Assist in shaping state policy through research on best practices, convening stakeholders to build consensus, drafting recommendations, and advocating with state agencies.
● Evaluate regulations, permits, and ordinances in order to recommend improvements.
● Write and oversee the preparation of outward-facing communications, including blog posts and presentations, in coordination with NJF’s communications team.
● Play a lead role in drafting funding proposals and grant reports.
● Manage the work of several groups, such as the Jersey Water Works Green Infrastructure Committee, through agenda setting and meeting facilitation.
● Help develop annual work plans and execute programmatic goals.
● Plan and execute workshops, panel sessions, and exhibitor presence at events.
● Draft contracts and scopes of work to hire consultants.
● Manage internal budgets in coordination with the Office Administrator.
● Recruit, hire, and supervise an intern as needed.
● College degree and at least two years of experience in project management, policy advocacy, or a similar role.
● Demonstrated ability to take on ownership of work with a track record of responsible judgment and decision-making to deliver results.
● Excellent writing skills. Strong verbal communication skills.
● Ability to adjust to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
● Poise in interacting and coordinating with groups of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
● Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to organize meetings and work independently.
● Willingness and ability to learn new concepts quickly.
● Experience or interest in one or more of NJF’s key policy areas—water infrastructure, planning and redevelopment, stormwater management, state-level policymaking, and climate change.
● Motivated by the organization’s issues and a strong mission-driven work ethic.
● A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to HR@njfuture.org. If selected to advance, relevant references and work samples will be required.
New Jersey Future employees are working on a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule.