Philanthropy Operations Associate
Santa Rosa, CA, United States
Type of Job
Starting at $26.80/hr
Apr 25, 2023
About the job
Job Title: Philanthropy Operations Associate
Reports to: Philanthropy Database Administrator
Date: April 25, 2023
Want to play your part in protecting our local communities from the impacts of climate change? Want to be part of a talented, deeply committed, and national award-winning conservation organization? Then please read on!
Sonoma Land Trust (SLT) is looking for a Philanthropy Operations Associate, a key position that supports the philanthropy team in developing queries, reporting, financial reconciliations, pulling mailing lists and ensuring information is current in Virtuous, the donor database. The Philanthropy Operations Associate is responsible for processing and acknowledging gifts, and providing various reports and communication to donors, and the philanthropy and finance teams.
SLT serves a diverse audience with broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, and orientations. We encourage applications from candidates who reflect and value the audiences and populations we serve.
The Philanthropy Operations Associate is a key position on the philanthropy team at Sonoma Land Trust, working closely with the Philanthropy Database Administrator to manage the Land Trust’s Virtuous donor database. The Philanthropy Operations Associate is responsible for processing and acknowledging gifts and providing various reports and communication to donors, the philanthropy team, and the finance team. This position supports the philanthropy team in developing queries, reporting, financial reconciliations, pulling mailing lists and ensuring information in the donor database is current. The Philanthropy Operations Associate reports to the Philanthropy Database Administrator.
Database Maintenance and Reporting
- Assist with managing the Virtuous donor database system including entering and updating donor records, gift histories and conducting donor research.
- Regular database maintenance including deduplication, NCOA update, etc.
- Prepare weekly fundraising update for Philanthropy Team.
- Generate mailing and supporter lists, queries and reports for the Philanthropy Team, Communications Team, and other organizational teams as needed.
- Follow and update policy and procedure documents for data entry and database use.
- Train and assist staff on Virtuous as needed.
- Gift processing – enter all gift types in Virtuous, ensure accurate data entry.
- Ensure timely acknowledgment of gifts including coordinating personalization of acknowledgments as needed, preparing memorial, honorarium, celebration and gift membership acknowledgment certificates as needed.
- Support Finance Department in completion of annual audit.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation report. Work with Finance Department to complete monthly reconciliation.
- Prepare board reports for the Board of Directors and Development Committee meetings.
- Assist Development Program Manager with direct mail efforts, including preparing lists, reports and assisting with analysis.
Administrative and Operations Support
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided to members, prospects and the public by phone and over email.
- Manage Philanthropy Team’s donor gift inventory.
- Donor stewardship mailings.
- Records management – maintain electronic and paper records related to gifts and donor restrictions.
- Event and outing support including providing scheduling support, generating accurate RSVP and attendance information including name tags, catering assistance, and greeting and attending events.
- Participate in developing department goals.
- Two years of experience in donor databases and administration, preferably in Virtuous, eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge or similar web-based development database.
- Excellent organizational skills, proofreading skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Pleasant demeanor, professional telephone and personal manner.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze and synthesize information to create accurate and comprehensive reports and mailing lists.
- Ability to use good judgment, set priorities, multitask and adjust work habits to accommodate deadlines.
- Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team including across departments.
Schedule, Salary & Benefits
Position is full time, 40 hours per week (non-exempt status). Wages starting at $26.80/hour commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous employer contributions to medical, dental and vision insurance plans. Employer contribution to retirement plan after 1 year of employment. Paid time off includes 15 paid holidays, paid vacation based on tenure and personal and parental leave in accordance with SLT policies and procedures.
This position is located at the Sonoma Land Trust office in Santa Rosa, California. Staff are currently working in a hybrid model.
About Sonoma Land Trust
Sonoma Land Trust works in alliance with nature to conserve and restore the integrity of the land, with a focus on climate resiliency. The organization is also committed to ensuring more equitable access to the outdoors. Since 1976, the non-profit Land Trust has protected over 57,000 acres of scenic, natural, agricultural and open land for future generations. Sonoma Land Trust is accredited by the Land Trust Accreditation Commission and was the recipient of the 2019 Land Trust Alliance Award of Excellence. For more information, please visit Sonoma Land Trust’s website.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment that is representative of the communities we serve. We know that having varied perspectives leads to better outcomes to solve the complex problems of conservation, climate change and environmental justice in Sonoma County.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Sonoma Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We strive to create a diverse and inclusive organization and encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, national or regional origins, sexes, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.