Santa Fe, NM
Type of Job
45,000 - 55,000
Apr 19, 2023
About the job
Title: Philanthropy Associate
Status: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000, depending on experience
Location: Based in Santa Fe, New Mexico
At the heart of CVNM is our dedicated team of people who hold deeply shared values for protecting our democracy and our environment. Our organizational culture embraces continual learning around our commitment to equity, and to advocacy informed by our communities living on the front lines of drought, wildfires, floods, and other ravages of climate change. Our diverse board and staff bring a deep well of expertise and lived experience to the organization. Together, we work to connect people to their political power, elect leaders who will act on climate, and advance policies that protect our air, land, water, wildlife, and the health of our people.
The Philanthropy Associate works across the CVNM family of organizations in support of the Director of Philanthropy to meet revenue goals, grow our statewide donor and member base, and enhance supporters’ engagement with the organization. From database management and event planning to membership engagement, the Philanthropy Associate helps connect supporters across the state to their conservation values to protect New Mexico for future generations. This is a dynamic position that intersects with every facet of CVNM’s work.
- In partnership with the Director of Philanthropy, help to set member number and revenue goals (in line with the strategic plan); track progress. Identify areas of improvement and where additional outreach could be beneficial.
- Explore and implement ideas for recruiting new recurring donors and stewarding existing givers at the membership and monthly giving levels. Work in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy to recruit and retain new major donors.
- Oversee and manage communication and outreach to member-level and monthly giving donors. This includes continuously updating outreach and communication materials, donor packets, e-blasts, special communications and newsletters. Work in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy to develop communications and outreach strategies for major donors.
- Assist in all aspects of event planning and implementation. This includes maintaining an internal events calendar, with timelines to ensure planning and preparation is timely. Identify and work with relevant vendors, such as venues, photographers, caterers, etc. Manage the creation and production of event communications and outreach to relevant donors and stakeholders.
- Manage the administrative responsibilities of the Philanthropy Department including running donation reports, managing the gift acknowledgement process, and donation record maintenance. Maintain the donor database, conducting data maintenance, donor profile updates and recording donor interactions. Track financial donations and work in partnership with finance and accounting to accurately report gifts.
- Manage day to day development operations in alignment with CVNM’s organizational commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Come make a difference with us! View the full job description here.
Benefits: This is a full-time exempt salaried position. CVNM offers a benefits package for full-time staff that includes vacation and sick leave, a 401k plan, and health, dental, and vision coverage. We strive to give our hardworking team what they need to achieve fulfilling work/life harmony. We offer the highest standard of health and wellness benefits and paid time off, including a merit-based sabbatical program, and offer pathways for career advancement in advocacy, campaigns, operations, philanthropy, communications, and equity and culture.
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Philanthropy Associate” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please. Candidates from historically underrepresented or disenfranchised backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of all we do at CVNM. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants free from discrimination and harassment of any type regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.