Pesticides and Birds Policy Intern
Type of Job
$1,125.00 per month (and potentially school credit)
Aug 24, 2023
About the job
Title: Pesticides and Birds Policy Intern
Supervisor: Director of Government Relations, Pesticides and Birds Campaign
Duration of Internship: 3 Months, Approximately September 15-December 15 2023.
Compensation: $1,125.00 per month (and potentially school credit)
Submission Deadline: Spring 2023
This is a paid internship with American Bird Conservancy’s Pesticides and Birds Campaign. The specific duties will be determined based in part on the candidate’s interests; projects may include conducting virtual outreach to partner organizations and federal agencies, develop educational materials on pesticide impacts on wildlife, writing op-eds and other professional communications, evaluate Federal and State laws and regulations, evaluate and research Federal and State agency pesticide policies, assist in organizing Fly-Ins, read and analyze published scientific studies, and working with stakeholders.
- Analyze conservation impact of legislation and/or policy;
- Review and summarize scientific literature to guide conservation strategies;
- Prepare fact sheets and other educational materials for a popular audience;
- Conduct strategic outreach to target audiences
- Represent American Bird Conservancy at partner meetings.
- Strong interest in wildlife conservation and/or environmental toxicity
- Understanding of basic principles of biology, physiology, government, and/or law
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Strong writing skills
- Authorized to work in the US
- Background screening required
- This is a short-term, part-time position that pays $1,125.00 per month for 3 months and potentially school credit
- Unfortunately, does not include benefits.
Please apply on Paylocity.
If you have any difficulties uploading your resume and cover letter, then please send them as ONE document to HR@abcbirds.org
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.