Type of Job
Mar 2, 2022
About the job
The Partnerships Associate identifies, develops, and stewards mutually beneficial partnerships to support the work of Casey Trees. The Associate maintains funder data, cultivates and manages Casey Trees’ membership program, researches potential funding partners, drafts communications and proposals to foundations and corporations, and provides administrative support for the Communications & Development team.
- Manages existing corporate partnerships, including soliciting and planning corporate plantings, Canopy Award sponsor solicitation, and assisting in attending plantings or other events as needed.
- Maintains excellent cross-functional communication and collaboration with internal and external teams as appropriate to successfully implement partnerships. Maintains CRM records, partnership agreements, reports and related documentation.
- Liaison between the Communications & Development team and Administration team, maintaining a holistic view of donations coming in through all channels, partners, and grant opportunities
- Reports on the status of partnerships and grants to the executive team
- Oversees & manages lifecycle of funder relationships - from foundations of varying size to small individual donors including onboarding, engagement, contract implementation, collaboration, grant/donation reporting and renewal support
- Attains annual giving goals for donors, community partners, and sponsorship revenue, including individual sponsorship targets for specific events and campaigns.
- Researches potential partnerships and funding opportunities that support development projects and programmatic efforts
- Provides increased value to our funders by creatively identifying ways to celebrate and advance partnership goals via a variety of means including, but not limited to, storytelling, media engagement, and other recognition strategies
- Keeps abreast of trends in corporate social responsibility, philanthropy, volunteerism, equity, and place-based giving
- Connects people to trees
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent does not have any direct reports.
The incumbent works primarily in an office setting and must be able to use equipment such as: Computers/Printer/Copier/Telephone/Smartphones/Tablets, etc. (not an exclusive list)
- All CT employees may engage in volunteer tree planting and related activities and events in outdoor environments. The incumbent may at times work outside, in the heat, cold and inclement weather and must have suitable clothing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk, hear, stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand on a stool, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a fulltime, exempt position, averaging 40 hours a week. The incumbent must be able and willing to work evenings, weekends, and extended hours when needed.
Travel is primarily local, although some out of the area travel and overnights may be expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or relevant field; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Two or more years of professional experience in marketing, communications, public relations, government staffing, sales, or development, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Experience working as a spokesperson for a brand or mission
- Experience cultivating and expanding donor relationships over time
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Understanding of fundraising, membership, volunteer, and advocacy needs
- Experience working with a CRM database, preferably Salesforce and Pardot, and other digital platforms such as Click& Pledge, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Suite