Type of Job
$25 - $35/hr depending on qualifications
Apr 12, 2022
About the job
Position Title: GreenLatinos Part-Time Accountant
Position type: Part-time employee or consultant, remote
Schedule: Mon-Fri 2-8 hrs per day, flexible pre-determined schedule
Hours: 20 hrs/week
Pay: Starting range $25 - $35/hr depending on qualifications
Part-Time Employee Benefits: health insurance, retirement benefits, equipment stipend.
The GreenLatinos’ Part-Time Accountant will manage GreenLatinos bookkeeping and accounting needs. The Accountant will focus on managing GreenLatinos accounts, budget, and creating an accounting plan to support GreenLatinos financial and programmatic growth.
The Accountant must be a well-organized individual who has experience doing bookkeeping, managing audits, and managing multiple accounts and grants. The Accountant will work closely with our development consultant to coordinate budgeting and funding strategies and must have the ability to develop and execute a plan to give our current programs budgeting and spending power.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, a team player, and comfortable working within a relaxed working environment. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate (verbally & in writing) their working needs clearly with their supervisors and other staff to ensure success. The ideal candidate understands that it is critical to uphold professional practices as a representative of GreenLatinos and its network during all work-related functions including travel, receptions, and events.
The Accountant will report directly to the GreenLatinos Founding President and CEO, Mark Magaña.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Working with CEO on approval of bi-monthly accounts payable and receivable
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Quarterly financial reports to provide the board of directors.
- Maintain various incoming grant agreement throughout the year
- Manage the monthly payroll processing with careful attention to state level tax requirements
- Ensure onboarding process is complete for all new staff
- Coordinate with development consultant to cross check incoming revenue
- Provide the development consultant with grant reports
- Create and analyze yearly budget and create expense reports
- Conduct year-end close and work with auditor on annual audit and 990 preparation
- Refine and implement strong bookkeeping practices
- Maintain and update accounting records
Systems to grow:
- Create a system of receipt management for company debit/credit card use
- Create a system and training for Program Directors to take on budget management for their own programs
- 1-3+ year of accounting experience
- B.A. degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks Online
- Proficient in Excel
- Preferred experience with Paychex
- Preferred experience with EveryAction (CRM)
- Preferred experience with A-133 Audit
- Dedication to equity, diversity, inclusion, and justice and centering frontline communities
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely via writing and verbally
- Must have an ID sufficient for travel
- A personal computer and mobile phone are critical tools for work
- Location Flexible - must maintain reasonable working hours that takes into consideration the various time zones of GreenLatinos staff
How to Apply
Required Application Documents to be emailed to Resumes@GreenLatinos.org with the subject line: Staff Accountant
- Cover Letter
DEADLINE: Applicants must submit all information by April 22th, 2022 . We will be reaching out to applicants as they come in on a rolling basis