Park Ranger Assistant - County of Sonoma
Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California, USA
Type of Job
$3,889 - $4,725/Monthly*
Mar 14, 2022
About the job
Grow your Career with Sonoma County Regional Parks Department as a full-time Park Ranger Assistant!
Previous experience as a Park Aide or an equivalent position is required.
Starting salary $22.36hour ($46,668/year) plus a cash allowance of approximately $600/month*
Note: If you do not have experience working as a Park Aide, or working in similar park-related roles, we highly encourage you to consider applying for our open Park Aide recruitment.
As a Park Ranger Assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring park resources, and engaging with the public to promote visitor safety and the protection of our County's diverse natural resources. In addition to assisting the Park Rangers with day-to-day operations, responsibilities will also include:
· Collecting and reporting on camping and park day-use fees
· Supporting visitors in following park rules
· Performing park maintenance and janitorial work
· Assisting with special park events and festivals
· Providing direction to Park Aide staff, extra-help employees, volunteers, and interns
The Ideal candidate for this position will possess:
· A passion for parks and serving the community
· Experience providing customer service to a diverse population
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience leading, training, and/or supervising staff or volunteers
· The ability to be flexible in order to meet changing priorities throughout the workday
· Organization skills necessary to manage multiple priorities
· Valid Basic First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, and Emergency Cardiac Care cards
· Bilingual skills (Spanish), which are desired but not required
Work locations may vary, and candidates should be available to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and irregular hours.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply by 3/21/22