Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California, USA
Type of Job
$4,530 - $5,508/Monthly*
Jul 11, 2022
About the job
Expand Your Park Ranger career with the County of Sonoma and join the Regional Parks family as a Park Ranger I. Multiple positions available!
Starting salary at $26.05/hour ($54,369/year), a cash allowance of $600/month, and a competitive total compensation package!*
County of Sonoma's Regional Parks include more than 50 parks, trails, and beaches from Petaluma to Gualala and Sonoma to Bodega Bay. Many offer wild landscapes while others feature sports fields, playgrounds, campgrounds, boat launches, and an environmental education center. Regional Parks also offers a range of recreation, education, and natural resource programs that enhance the quality of life and well-being of individuals, families and communities.
As a Park Ranger I, you are responsible for patrolling parks and enforcing the rules, regulations, laws, and ordinances governing county regional park activities and providing basic first aide when needed.
The ideal candidates will have a passion to preserve, protect, and provide access to Sonoma County's parks and possess:
- Proven visitor services skills, with the aptitude and patience to tactfully respond to the public's questions, concerns, and complaints
- Excellent judgment, with a common sense approach to resolving issues
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
- A positive attitude and desire to be part of a working operations team
Have you successfully completed the following, which are required to be considered for the Park Ranger I recruitment, as well as possessing a Class C (or higher) driver's license:
- 290 hours basic law enforcement training certified by the U.S. Dept. of the Interior as qualifying for employment in the National Park Service or equivalent and
- A P.C. 832 course or equivalent police academy and
- First Responder or Emergency Response certification, and
- Possess a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) Card?
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply Now