County of Sonoma
Type of Job
$2,993 - $3,638/Monthly
Dec 5, 2022
About the job
$2,993 - $3,638/Monthly*
Sonoma County Regional Parks Department is accepting applications for a full-time Park Aide position.
This is an exciting opportunity to discover your parks and learn about our County's diverse wildlife and landscapes as a member of the Regional Parks team!
As a Park Aide, you will assist with routine park operations and a variety of Sonoma County Regional Park programs. On-the-job training is provided to learn about park rules, procedures, interpretation, and operations. Additional responsibilities you will assist with include:
· Registering campers and collecting fees for day-use and camping
· Explaining park rules and responding to visitor inquiries
· Maintaining and/or monitoring park natural resources
· Performing maintenance and janitorial tasks, including cleaning restrooms
· Supporting special park events and festivals
The Ideal candidate for this position will possess:
· A passion for parks and serving the community
· Experience providing customer service to a diverse population
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Point of sale and cash handling experience
· Organization skills necessary to manage multiple priorities
· Valid Basic First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, and Emergency Cardiac Care cards
· Bilingual skills (Spanish) desired but not required
Work locations may vary and work assignments include irregular hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. A candidate's flexibility in workdays and work hours is highly desirable. Park Aides are required to wear a County issued uniform and will receive a voucher toward the purchase of safety boots.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply by 12/12/22