Organizing Director for Campaigns and Learning
Type of Job
Sep 13, 2021
About the job
Summary: Mothers Out Front is in search of an Organizing Director for Campaigns and Learning to co-lead organizing across the organization. In this position, you will lead the distributed organizing and movement-building program, in addition to the learning and training work.
Your work to engage a broader network of supporters will complement the state and local work of
our five deep organizing states. In partnership with the Organizing Director for Deep Organizing, you will work to connect our network for greater impact.
Responsibilities include developing and leading national campaigns and partnerships, leading our distributed organizing program, leading our learning program, and coordination of shared organizing resources.
Mothers Out Front is a dynamic justice organization building an organized constituency of moms to address the climate crisis. We are looking for a passionate, talented individual to join our women-led team, and bring our movement-building and campaign work to the next level of impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Co-Leadership of Organizing Department
In partnership with Director of Organizing for States this position will:
- Develop a cohesive and impactful organizing program and co-lead national campaigns.
- Work in collaboration with the DO/States and the National Leadership Team to develop an organizing vision and operating plan.
- Ensure effective resource allocation and management across our organizing program.
- Develop and manage national partnerships to support our organizing work.
Movement and Campaigns Team
- Supervise the Movement and Campaigns Manager.
- Direct the distributed organizing program including setting strategy and goals and ensuring effective implementation.
- Direct the movement-building work that connects our state work to our distributed work with a focus on building power that is greater than the individual parts.
Learning and Organizing Tools
- Supervise the Training Manager.
- Ensure that member training and learning are integrated and core to our organizing practice.
- Ensure all organizing staff are fully trained and coached.
- Direct the learning program including setting strategy and goals, and effective implementation.
- Lead the bi-weekly campaign calls and facilitate learning across the organizing program.
- Establish systems for capturing best practices and disseminating them across the organizing program.
- Ensure our organizing and campaign work is data informed and that our organizing staff are using data effectively to build power and win campaigns.
Experience and Attributes
- Five to seven years of experience and a proven track record of success building and managing campaigns in community organizing, union organizing, political organizing, and/or legislative issue advocacy required, distributed organizing experience a strong plus.
- Experience managing staff, with preference for past experience managing organizers
- Well-developed Emotional Intelligence.
- Experience building diverse, equitable, and inclusive movements preferred.
- A passion for social and environmental justice, and commitment to addressing climate change.
- Multicultural competence and demonstrated ability to work with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, socio-economic, educational, linguistic, and religious backgrounds, as well as people of various physical abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and generations.
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working effectively with community groups and members.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to share a vision
- Strong, clear, and accurate writing, editing, and verbal communication.
Mothers out Front is a virtual organization. Candidates can be based anywhere in the United States and must be authorized to work for any employer. The salary range for this position is $90k - $130k depending on experience.
Visit our website career page (https://www.mothersoutfront.org/career-opportunities/) to submit your resume, a cover letter that discusses this position, and answers to the question on the application.
About Mothers Out Front:
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. Founded in 2013, we are a member-led, national organization, with a current operating budget of $4.7m.
Mothers Out Front is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.