Type of Job
May 23, 2022
About the job
TEXAS CLIMATE JOBS PROJECT: Operations Specialist
The Texas Climate Jobs Project seeks a dynamic and passionate Operations Specialist who will help lead a groundbreaking effort to coordinate efforts among Texas labor unions to help develop and implement operational systems to help support our organization’s mission to lead on climate change and clean energy initiatives across the state.
Overview of the Organization
The mission of the Texas Climate Jobs Project is to advance a pro-climate, pro-worker agenda in Texas. Through innovative research and policy development; popular education; community engagement; advocacy; and strategic coalition building and partnerships, Texas Climate Jobs Project is engaging in collective action to win substantive policy changes that both protect the climate and create good local jobs.
Texas Climate Jobs Project is part of Fair Shot Texas and the Fair Shot Texas Action Fund, nonprofit partner organizations that were founded in partnership with the Texas AFL-CIO to advance a working families policy agenda in Texas.
The Operations Specialist will manage an operations program to support the strategic mission of the organization with responsibilities that include:
- Manage accounts payable and receivable for the organization to ensure timely payment
- Oversee staff hour tracking requirements and provide payroll support
- Manage administrative vendors including bookkeeping, accounting, and payroll
- Create and maintain an organizational record keeping system in compliance with applicable policies and laws
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to provide other ongoing operational support as needed
Primary Characteristics and Experience
The Texas Climate Jobs Project Operations Specialist should have a passion for supporting mission-driven organizations through bold and effective operations management. The position will be based in our Austin office.
In addition, the Operations Specialist should have:
- 2+ years of experience in an operations management position, with experience in Texas labor or nonprofit administration a plus;
- Strong attention to detail, especially in financial and compliance matters;
- An ability to work independently and juggle multiple priorities;
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and listening, writing, and the passion and presence to be a dynamic leader and connect with diverse audiences;
- Knowledge of and proficiency in general business and accounting software;
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep interest in local policy, politics, and government.
Compensation: This is a part-time position for 15 hours per week with an hourly compensation of $22.00 per hour. Excellent benefits including retirement contribution and paid leave. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Specialist” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, but applications received before June 17, 2022 will be given preference.
Texas Climate Jobs Project & Fair Shot Texas are committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and veteran or disability statuses. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences with a commitment to building collective union power and working for a better Texas to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.