Type of Job
May 11, 2023
About the job
Florida Wildlife Federation, Inc. (Federation), founded in 1936, is a statewide, non-profit, non-partisan organization that promotes Florida’s environmental sustainability, natural lands and waters, and ethical outdoor recreation so as to leave future generations with a livable and beautiful state. Our mission is to “conserve Florida’s wildlife, habitats, and natural resources through education, advocacy and science-based stewardship.”
We advocate on the local, state, and federal levels on issues impacting our natural resources and litigate to stop misguided policy decisions. We are a small organization with a big task.
We believe that strong operations are the foundation of a great organization, so we’re looking for an outstanding full-time Operations Manager to help ensure our i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed. Key functions of this role include supporting our President & CEO, developing new operational systems, overseeing the management of our CRM (EveryAction), creating reports and analyzing data, and coordinating meetings. It is an exciting time to join the Federation team. We are developing new ways to work effectively and efficiently, which means exploring new systems and infrastructure to support our efforts. The Operations Manager will play an important role during this period of evolution and growth.
This role might be perfect for you if you:
- Are detail-obsessed and highly organized
- Are flexible and have an appetite for working with a creative, nimble team
- Take initiative and get things done
- Believe that strong relationships and communications are the key to strong operations
- Want to work in and be part of a team culture that is high output, low ego
- Want to be part of an organization that is growing and evolving
- Want to put your operations skills to work in service to some of the most pressing conservation issues in Florida
The Operations Manager works across many different projects and collaborates with team members across the organization as well as our partners. This role reports directly to the President & CEO.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Leadership Team Support
- Assist the President & CEO with a range of tasks related to organization building and ongoing administration
- Provide day-to-day support to Federation team members as needed
- Coordinate technology functions for the organization, including the implementation and integration of new software and policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain all internal operational policies and procedures
- Administer project management workflows across all teams within the organization, utilizing Asana software
- Plan and coordinate quarterly board meetings (both virtual and in-person)
- Assist with accounting practices
Strategic Planning and Performance Measurement
- Maintain a performance measurement matrix and coordinate the evaluation process for the organization in alignment with its strategic plan.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of our donor database by applying data entry protocol, performing regular data integrity and audits
- Support donor acknowledgment letter process
- Support and track Federation development programs, including trustees, legacy, and monthly giving
- Produce a range of donor lists, email marketing lists, mail merges, and various analytical reports as needed for team members
- Establish a regular monthly report system and dashboard to share with team members to track trends
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit management, database administration, or closely related field preferred
- Proficiency in the use of a CRM, preference for EveryAction
- Proficiency in managing donor and constituent databases, data imports and exports, and developing reports
- Advanced knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office 365 suite of apps, print/web publishing, Doc-U-Sign, Zoom, Adobe, and conferencing software
- Strong attention to detail with a solution-oriented approach
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively in a remote environment
- Commitment to maintaining the integrity of confidential data and communications
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to travel as needed, required attendance at quarterly board meetings
Pay and Benefits
- Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
- Healthcare stipend
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% employer match
- Accrued annual leave, sick leave, 10 federal holidays, and an end-of-year break for all staff from Christmas to New Years
- Cell phone reimbursement for remote team members
- $200 annual fitness program reimbursement
- Long-term disability insurance
- The Federation qualifies under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Florida based. Our office is located in Tallahassee, Florida with key team members working remotely from other locations. We will consider a remote team member if the applicant is willing to travel, as needed, and is comfortable and competent working with a hybrid team.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Operations Manager in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled.