Type of Job
Jan 30, 2021
About the job
Want to help scale up a feisty, viral startup into a flourishing international network working together to raise our global climate ambitions?
The Climate Clock — a collaboration of scientists, artists and activists — launched in September 2020 and immediately made waves across the globe, focusing the world’s attention on our critical time window for climate action. In the wake of its viral launch we have received a flood of interest from around the world from both major institutions and grassroots teams who want to set up clocks in their cities to pressure decision makers to raise their climate ambitions. We are scaling up to meet that demand and are hiring for several positions including an Operations Lead, described below. (More info about Climate Clock here.)
Position: Operations Lead
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: 10-15 hrs/wk @ $25/hr on contract basis; w/ possibility of increase to 20 hrs/wk @ $30/hr in near future
- Manage all internal operations and operations staff of the Climate Clock Project
- Set up workflow systems and make sure they’re flowing well; and making adjustments as needed
- Report to leadership team on monthly basis re: status of internal systems
- Oversee budgeting and liaise with fiscal sponsor Beautiful Trouble
- Ensure that a member of your team is present on group calls, that notes are taken, immediate follow-up steps captured, meetings scheduled, and spending tracked
- Help find and hire other skilled team members; help keep track of and manage volunteer teams
- Convene weekly meetings of core/leadership team
- Other duties related to managing the internal operations of the Climate Clock Project
- Project management experience and aptitude
- Extremely well-organized; self-starter; detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Team-management and Impact Producer experience
- Adept at Slack, Zoom, WhatsApp, Action Network CMS, Trello
- Familiarity w spreadsheets, google forms & other online tools for managing expanding # of participants
- Familiar with scaling up horizontal (decentralized) organizing systems or multi-city chapter-based orgs
- Comfortable working remotely as part of a virtual, internationally-distributed team
- Familiarity with social movement, and ideally climate justice, work
Climate Clock aspires to be an inclusive and liberatory project. We value a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our team. We strongly encourage applicants who identify as persons of color, women, and/or gender non-conforming to apply. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Please apply to the job via this google form and attach your resume and cover letter as a file upload at the end.
Note that due to the volume of inquiries, we may take several days to respond.