Type of Job
Sep 14, 2022
About the job
Alexandria Housing Development Corporation (AHDC) is a non-profit affordable housing developer and owner. AHDC maintains over 900 units serving over 1,500 residents, exclusively located in the City of Alexandria. The housing AHDC creates serves low-to-moderate income households, in addition to providing community-serving non-residential space. AHDC also supports its communities with Resident Services Programs and provides consulting services to organizations looking to redevelop their non-profit spaces.
Purpose of Position
The Operations Associate will work to further AHDC’s mission of equity, inclusion, and diversity. The team member will cultivate a culture of innovation, collaboration, integrity, and empowerment within the team through partnerships, and in the community. The team member will provide strategic assistance to the Operations branch through Human Resource support, enforcing organizational policies and standards, IT administration, accounting/payroll administration, office maintenance, vendor support, and other administrative tasks. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Operations.
The Operations Associate is a full-time salary position. The position requires the employee to be locally in the DMV area and must be onsite in the AHDC main office a minimum of three days per week. Tuesdays & Thursdays are mandatory, with some weekends and evenings required.
AHDC follows CDC COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, including mask mandates. Although vaccines are not required, we do require reporting vaccine status.
• Support the talent acquisition administrative process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, onboarding, and training
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommend best practices; reviews policies and procedures to maintain compliance
• Support with employee benefits reviews and implementation
• Support business management work, which includes filing tax reports, business licenses, insurance audits, and other regulatory requirements
• Work with the finance team to input invoices, review receipts, and provide additional administrative support
• With a primary responsibility of supporting the Operations branch, provide clerical support to the organization, including composing letters and memos, editing documents, scheduling appointments, distributing mail, filing, answering phones, ordering supplies, scanning, and copying
• Arrange and handle all logistics for board and committee meetings and events: schedule, draft agendas, develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials, and record meeting minutes
• Manage internal organizational events and celebrations
• Assists in data collection and analysis, preparing proposals, reports, research papers, and presentations
• Maintain the calendar of the executive team, prepare meeting agendas, minutes, notes, and follow up on meeting action items
• Assist IT needs including IT asset management, phone services, ensuring team compliance, and coordinating support with our outsourced IT provider
• Support vendor and outsource teams’ relations, contracts, and communication
• Organize and maintain paper and electronic files required of AHDC in carrying out its owner, partnership, and organization responsibilities
• Office maintenance, including stocking, organizing, kitchen upkeep, and overseeing maintenance requests
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, compliance, and new technologies in human resources, non-profit management, and IT
• Performs other comparable duties as assigned or may be necessary
The Successful Candidate Will Have
• An associate’s in HR Administration, Business Operations, Social Science, or related field. (Substitutable by two years of relevant work experience)
• Experience providing assistance to individuals and groups facing difficulties such as economically disadvantaged, unemployment, abuse and neglect, substance abuse, aging, disabilities, prevention, health, cultural competencies, inadequate housing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Exceptional written, editing, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees and partners
• Knowledge of HR practices
• Creative and innovative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
• Capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while still meeting the priorities of the position
• Highly organization and self-motivated
• Spanish Bilingual a plus
• Experience working in a professional setting with limited supervision
• Adapt positively to a fast-paced work environment
• Sincere interest in career growth and support of AHDC’s mission
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience. $38,000 - $42,000 annually. AHDC’s benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Matching 401(k), parental leave, HSA, tuition assistance, paid networking opportunities, wellness program, and paid time off.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will NOT be considered.