Office of Sustainability Intern Manager
Type of Job
Negotiable. Annual (12 months)
May 24, 2021
About the job
The Office of Sustainability within The Gaylord Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies (Nelson Institute) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking to hire a Student Intern Program Manager, who will contribute to the vision of the Office of Sustainability, our campus as a living laboratory, and enjoys working with students.
The Nelson Institute, established in 1970, is one of the academic divisions of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Its mission is to build partnerships to synergize and sustain excellence in the interdisciplinary research, teaching, and service that make the University of Wisconsin-Madison a world leader in addressing environmental challenges.
- Management of a student intern program wherein students work on teams focused on improving various aspects of campus sustainability. (40%)
- Visioning, evaluating, and reporting on the student intern program. (5%)
- Student mentoring and professional development, including designing and facilitating trainings and workshops on practical skills for work in the field of sustainability. (10%)
- Supervision of a graduate student who will assist with the intern program. (5%)
- Writing peer-reviewed publications using sustainability metrics regarding the intern program and other Office of Sustainability programs and projects. (20%)
- Teaching one quantitative sustainability course per semester (for a total load of two courses per academic year) in support of the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies Undergraduate Sustainability certificate program . (20%)
How to Apply:
To read the full job description and apply, please visit: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/509191/office-of-sustainability-intern-manager