Type of Job
$35K-40K .5 FTE
May 14, 2021
About the job
Based in Auburn, CA, Placer Land Trust (PLT) works with landowners and partners to permanently protect natural and agricultural land in Placer County.
PLT is seeking an Office Manager (OM) to further its mission by ensuring a work environment that is efficient, effective, inspiring, innovative, and supportive of work/life balance. The OM provides leadership and implementation to meet the organizations’ administrative and human resource needs. The OM will be a part of PLT’s Operations Team (fundraising, communications, recreation and engagement, and general operations) and supervised by the Operations Director. This is a 20 hour/week, non-exempt position. The position is primarily office-based and will require occasional work during evenings and weekends. Flexible work hours and limited telecommuting options may be arranged. See below for salary and benefits.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Be the public "front" of the organization: greet visitors when inf the office, respond to general inquiries.
- Monitor and maintain the appearance, efficiency, and function of the PLT office and its equipment.
- Assist with management and evaluation of, and act as liaison with support services providers such as health insurance and retirement benefits*.
- Monitor, order, and maintain adequate supplies for staff whether working from home or PLT office.
- Coordinate office volunteers for reception, mailings, filings, and other tasks as needed.
- Manage compliance with document retention by maintaining hard and electronic files and records related to AP/AR and other general operations and overseeing organization and archiving of remote server by all staff.
- Maintain, evaluate, and complete annual renewal of insurance coverage*, and fulfill other insurance related tasks such as research, additions, and handling claims, as needed.
- Facilitate implementation of employee benefits, including health insurance and retirement program participation*.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with timesheet protocol; make changes as needed to timesheet program.
- Ensure that all employees and volunteers, including the Board of Directors, know and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures in compliance with PLT’s Governance & Personnel Policy.
- Identify, disseminate information about, facilitate registration, and track participation in professional development opportunities for staff.
- Assist with new hire process and onboarding as needed.
- Facilitate activities that promote a positive and inclusive organizational culture.
- ·Facilitate logistics and take notes at Board of Directors meetings and other large group meetings.
- Participate in staff meetings, retreats, member events, and other PLT activities.
- Assist with annual program planning and budgeting.
- Fulfill general office & administrative tasks (e.g., timesheets, expense reports, board reporting) in a timely and accurate manner.
*in coordination with Operations Director
Skills & Qualifications
- Belief in and demonstrated delivery of customer service.
- Human resources and/or office management experience in a professional setting, whether at a for-profit or non-profit organization.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; other IT programs and systems a plus.
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset; takes initiative.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to manage timelines effectively and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstration of personal and professional integrity.
- Works well with diverse individuals.
- Interest in land conservation and environmental issues.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
See complete position description and learn more at www.placerlandtrust.org
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range from $35,000-$40,000 (.5 FTE), based on skills and experience. Benefits include health insurance; paid holidays, vacation, sick, and other leave; retirement program; and training.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Office Manager” in subject line. Applications will be reviewed starting June 4, 2021.
The anticipated start date is mid- to late July 2021; position will remain open until filled.
Placer Land Trust values and seeks a team with diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, so that our work remains relevant today and for future generations. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and who promote a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.