Type of Job
Jan 12, 2022
About the job
New Jersey Future is seeking an individual to administer the office and perform basic bookkeeping functions on a full-time or near full-time basis. This centralized and critical role serves as an important hub and support to our organization. The candidate must be interested and energized by New Jersey Future’s issues and agenda and want to be part of a team looking to advance racial and social justice and make a positive impact across the state.
BOOKKEEPING JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain customer and vendor profiles.
- Maintain and organize financial records and personnel information to ensure security and confidentiality.
- Process Accounts Receivable transactions in accounting system—pledges and receipts.
- Ensure proper approvals have been obtained for all cash disbursements.
- Process Accounts Payable transactions in the accounting system—invoices and payments.
- Reconcile and process employee expense reimbursements and ensure that proper approvals have been obtained.
- Process bi-monthly payroll and post-payroll related entries in the accounting system.
- Maintain and organize employees’ profiles on both ADP-run and physical records.
- Produce monthly profit and loss statements for program managers.
- Assist in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process, including posting various entries in the accounting system under the guidance of a third-party accountant.
- Assist in annual budget and financial audit processes.
- Assist in grant tracking and closing process.
- Act as a liaison between the finance department and various departments within the organization.
- Other ad hoc analysis directed by management and/or a third-party accountant.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the smooth operations of all NJF office/administrative functions, including building maintenance and cleaning schedule, security and phone system, staff and visitor parking, furniture/equipment inventory and ordering, equipment management and maintenance, supply inventory and ordering, and general office procedures manual.
- Interface and oversee contracted IT support personnel. Implement basic IT functions in collaboration with the communications staff and with support by contracted IT personnel.
- Collaborate with the administrative director to ensure the implementation of all human resource policies and procedures, including recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, benefits, and ending employment.
- Establish and maintain effective filing systems (both digital and physical).
- Support executive director and director of administration with all aspects of board and committee meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Assist executive director and director of administration in preparation of board reports.
- Provide logistics support for meetings and events.
- QuickBooks Pro Online experience (minimum 1 year)
- Payroll processing experience (minimum 1 year)
- Proficient use of Google Workspace or Microsoft Office products, including calendar, documents, and spreadsheets.
- Adobe Pro, including converting other types of documents into .pdf, compiling .pdf documents, paginating .pdf documents, and searching .pdf documents.
- Effective communications skills (oral and written) in English. Bilingual proficiency (English/Spanish) is appreciated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, while maintaining professionalism and strong rapport with team members.
- Consistently maintains a professional demeanor, appearance, and work environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience with justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion policies and practices and employment of these values.
- Comfortable with self-reflection, willing to learn, and capable of working through conflict honestly and openly.
- Demonstrated track record of working well in a diverse team environment.
- Two to five years of progressive experience and responsibility in a bookkeeping and administration position.
COMPENSATION: The full-time salary for this position is in the range of $40,000 to $50,000 and depends on the candidate’s experience and skills. Salary is negotiable. The full-time position comes with benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long term disability.
APPLICATION: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to HR@njfuture.org. If selected to advance, relevant references will be required.
New Jersey Future employees are working on a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule.