Office & Hiring Administrator
Type of Job
About the job
Deadline for submission: April 25, 2021
Work Schedule: Non-exempt, Full-time
Conservation Colorado is seeking an Office & Hiring Administrator based in Denver (though we are currently working remote until at least this summer) who will be responsible for maintaining a high functioning office environment and managing the logistics of our hiring processes. You will also work closely with the Operations and Finance Director to create an inclusive and equitable office culture.
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado is committed to protecting our climate, air, lands, water, and communities. Conservation Colorado’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects our commitment to racial and social justice. Particularly by ensuring that policy victories are shared by all Coloradans including Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC) communities and other frontline communities. We achieve these goals by organizing people and electing conservation-minded policymakers. We work closely with policy leaders, activists, businesses, and other organizations, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture of policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
What You’ll Do
Conservation Colorado has 40 staff members, working from five offices across the state but the majority are in Denver. This position is central to making it easier for those staff to work efficiently and effectively. This position reports to the Operations & Finance Director and is key to helping set organizational culture, solving administrative problems, and making sure people have the resources they need to work effectively. The position has these areas of responsibility:
- Office Management
- Maintain the Denver office -- stocks supplies, manage the office equipment, distribute mail, answer the phone, and welcome guests to the office.
- Help to create an inclusive office environment by encouraging staff appreciation, the celebration of a wide range of cultural holidays, and outreach to the remote offices.
- Organize organization-wide staff events such as the annual holiday party and staff retreat.
- Collaborate with the Operations & Finance Director to create job announcements and descriptions, candidate email correspondence templates, and other recruitment materials.
- Be the point person for managing the logistics of all hiring processes by organizing materials, scheduling interviews, and helping candidates move along in the hiring process.
- Assist with staff recruitment through posting job ads and scheduling interviews.
- Track hiring data to make sure our hiring processes are equitable and address potential implicit bias.
- Responsible for organizational electronic security through implementation of tech security policies and procedures.
- Overall responsible for the maintenance of organizational owned computers and other technology, and implementation of technology policies.
In addition to your regular responsibilities, all staff are expected to participate in certain fundraising efforts, take part in our election-related activities, and commit to our efforts around equity & inclusivity.
To be successful in this job, you will demonstrate the judgment, efficiency, and the results-focused mentality to work well with our team. Fundamentally, we want someone who loves making things work and who has the skills to do that in our context. More specifically, you will have or be most or all the following:
- Spirit of helping: We are a busy office, so enjoying digging in and helping out is vital in this role. You need to be willing to go the extra mile to help someone solve their tech problem or figure out how to rearrange the calendar to make a meeting work sometimes on short notice.
- Shares our commitment to increasing racial equity in our movement and organization: Have the skills to work with all types of people and to make visitors and staff feel welcome in our office and included in our work.
- Enjoy working with technology: You don’t need to be a software coder; you just need to be comfortable with new technology and enjoy researching and figuring out new tech options. When something breaks down, you can’t be afraid to get in there and figure out what happened and how to fix it.
- An organization whiz: You can keep yourself and other folks on track to meet deadlines and keep tasks and projects under control so that we can fulfill our mission (we use Google Suites and other project management software). And if you enjoy helping other folks set up systems, all the better.
Spanish/English bilingual is a skill we value, but it is not a requirement.
Compensation and Benefits:
We provide high-quality, zero-deductible health insurance and a strong benefits package that includes a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with match, at least 28 days of paid time off & holidays as well as 6 sick days in your first year, and parental leave and a sabbatical program. The full-time salary range for this role is between $38,000-42,000 with exact salary depending on experience and, new staff rarely starting at the top of the range. This job offers an opportunity to engage people to find solutions to some of the most important environmental issues in Colorado and work with a great team that is committed to a better, more equitable future. It will be challenging, inspiring, and sometimes frustrating, but you’ll be making a big difference.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliation, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.
If this job speaks to you please visit our online portal here where you can upload your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references (don’t worry; we will not contact your references without first discussing that with you).
Online Portal Link - https://airtable.com/shrp6XFg4fWBUbP3b