North Carolina Project Manager
Type of Job
$55,000 - $65,000
About the job
Job opening: North Carolina Project Manager
Wildlands Network is a growing non-profit organization that is committed to
reconnecting, restoring and rewilding North America so that life in all its diversity can
thrive. We have staff in the United States and Mexico working with NGO partners,
landowners, elected officials and government agencies to protect, maintain and
restore wildlife habitat and movement corridors.
Wildlands Network is committed to recruiting, training and retaining talented, diverse
and creative staff who are passionate about fulfilling our mission.
Wildlands Network seeks a North Carolina Project Manager with a strong desire to provide outstanding management skills to advance our work and projects in North Carolina, and our Eastern Program more broadly. The North Carolina Project Manager will report to and work collaboratively with our Eastern Program Director. The Project Manager will work out of Wildlands Network’s Durham office once it is safe to do so.
The selected candidate will assume primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of conservation projects, coalitions and initiatives Wildlands Network is pursuing in North Carolina. Working with the Eastern Program director, Conservation Director, our Chief Scientist and members of the Wildlands Network team, they will be expected to:
- Develop and sustain collaborative and strategic partnerships to further North Carolina policy and land use initiatives that promote wildlife corridors and core habitat protections.
- Effectively engage in wildlife conservation projects across the state, including through proactive engagement with lawmakers, agency staff and other partners in Raleigh.
- Creatively frame and develop projects that advance Wildlands Network’s mission and strategic plan, and are aligned with national and state priorities, including climate mitigation efforts, land preservation initiatives and biodiversity protection goals.
To be successful and impactful, the Project Manager must wear many different hats, including advocate, communicator, logistics manager and public organizational face. Therefore, we are seeking a candidate with:
- 3+ years of experience working in the conservation field, who has successfully and independently managed projects, including advocacy or outreach campaigns
- A background in policy and/or conservation science. Relevant advanced degree preferred.
- An eagerness to learn and network.
- Great social skills and energetic personality.
- Familiar with the ecological landscapes, wildlife and political dynamics of North Carolina, including the dynamics between conservation groups operating in the state.
- Desire for taking on leadership roles and continuing to invest in professional development.
- Comfortable working with diverse teams, remotely located.
- Strong organizational skills and a resilient sense of humor.
Location: Research Triangle/Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina
Salary: $55,000-$65,000 DOE
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, sick, family leave and sabbatical policies; employer-sponsored health and dental coverage; 10K life insurance policy; access to retirement account; support for ongoing professional development.
Wildlands Network is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Christine Laporte at and include "North Carolina Project Manager" in the subject line.