National Trails Digital Media Fellowship
Santa Fe, NM
Type of Job
Aug 10, 2021
About the job
Summary: American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service, is seeking ONE National Trails Digital Media Fellow interested in researching and creating new content for National Historic Trail websites and social media.
For more information about ACE, please visit: www.usaconservation.org
Start Date: Fall 2021
End Date: 78 weeks after start date
* A minimum 78-week commitment is required *
National Trails Office
National Trails administers nine national historic trails and one historic highway that, combined, stretch for 25,000 miles across 24 states. The National Trails Office works with a diversity of partners to protect, develop, and promote these special places. Their staff of interdisciplinary experts assist community groups, private landowners, nonprofit organizations, tribes, and federal, state, county, and local agencies with site planning and design, on-the-ground trail mapping, educational opportunities, and identifying resources.
For more information about the National Trails Office (NTIR) based out of Santa Fe, NM, please visit: https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1453/index.htm
Living Allowance: The ACE Member is expected to contribute ~40 hours/week and will receive a living allowance of $400/week to offset the costs of food and incidental expenses, dispersed bi-weekly.
Housing Allowance: Housing is not provided by ACE or NPS. A reimbursement not to exceed $1,200/month will be provided to help offset the cost of housing.
AmeriCorps: This position may be eligible for one 1700-hour AmeriCorps Education Award ($6,195.00) and one 900-hour AmeriCorps Education Award ($3,097.50) upon successful completion of service hours. Additional enrollment and volunteer service are required.
Position Description: The Digital Media Fellow will work in cooperation with NTIR staff and a wide range of project partners. Duties will include:
- Communicating with public and private partner sites along the National Historic Trails (NHT)
- Evaluate, edit, research, and write new content for nine NHT NPS websites related to natural and cultural resources and recreational opportunities along the NHTs
- Research, write, and format original digital content for nine NHTs on the NPS mobile application
- Assist with review/edit of website content
- Share digital content through social media posting and planning
- Assisting NTIR staff with other NHT-related activities as needed, including attendance at public events, planning meetings, and office operations
To Apply: Please submit your resume, a cover letter demonstrating your interest and experience, and contact information for three professional/academic references at https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/631179.html. If you have any questions regarding this position please feel free to contact ACE EPIC Member Coordinator, Jen Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org