National Recruitment Specialist, EPIC National Park Service
Salt Lake City, UT or Remote
Type of Job
$34,250 - $40,000
Sep 23, 2021
About the job
American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, provides professional development opportunities for young adults seeking to enhance their career experience. ACE's Emerging Professionals in Conservation (EPIC) program has a national reputation for providing young adults and recent graduates with hands-on, professional development individual placement opportunities to work alongside and under the guidance of agency mentors as they apply their knowledge of resource management on their path to becoming the next generation of resource and land managers. The ACE EPIC National Park Service (NPS) program hosts over 300 members in individual placement projects each year across the country in National Parks, Monuments, Sites, Recreational Areas, Trails, Rivers, Battlefields., and Heritage Areas. Individual placement projects supported are wide ranging including but not limited to cultural resource management, wildlife monitoring, environmental education, interpretation, trail work, historic preservation, physical sciences, GIS, and many more.
Job Title: National Recruitment Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (ACE EPIC Headquarters) or Remote
Department/Division: EPIC Program / NPS Division (National Park Service)
Status: Regular Full-Time, Salaried (Exempt)
Schedule/Hours: Full-time (Monday-Friday). 40 hours/week with additional hours as needed.
Reports To: National Associate Director, EPIC NPS
Compensation: Starting annualized salary of $34,250 to $40,000, based on experience. This full-time position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, designated holidays, and 401k retirement for qualified employees
The ACE National Recruitment Specialist is responsible for candidate outreach, recruitment and vetting for ACE Emerging Professionals In Conservation, National Park Service (EPIC NPS) Division. The recruitment specialist facilitates outreach and selection processes throughout a recruitment lifecycle, ensuring member and partner needs are met, collaborating with fellow recruitment staff for the best outcomes possible. The recruitment specialist will collaborate across the EPIC NPS division, other ACE division recruitment staff, and with the Associate Division Director, actively contributing to and fulfilling the Division's and NPS' recruitment objectives.
General responsibilities include meeting national outreach and recruitment objectives, ensuring key deliverables and outcomes of applicant sourcing, review, interviews, references, and ultimately partner selection.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
With the primary direction and support of NPS Associate Director, along with team support, the recruitment specialist will:
- Facilitate and support the candidate screening and selection process.
- Communicate and collaborate with ACE's nationwide recruitment team for outreach efforts.
- Support outreach efforts for agency specific recruitment.
- Assure timely and accurate onboarding of new hires, including data entry of new hire's employment information.
- Participate in ACE staff trainings and events as well as NPS agency trainings and events.
- Contribute to the collection and assembling of project accomplishments and statistics for partnership reporting needs.
- Assist with the collection and management of photos to be used for marketing and outreach of ACE positions.
- Collaborate with ACE's communication and marketing team to create outreach materials, such as fliers, social media posts, etc.
- Pending safe travel conditions, conduct park visits, attend offsite events, and professional development conferences or trainings.
- Adhere to ACE safety policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities and tasks outlined are not exhaustive and may change as determined by ACE.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A deep and continuing interest in reaching and pairing young people with professional development opportunities that match their interests and goals.
- Commitment to ACE's mission of public service through youth development & volunteerism.
- Highly organized, with the ability to maintain coordination of hundreds of applicants for positions nationwide, utilizing proprietary database tools.
- Ability to think creatively, organize tasks, work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer management skills including experience or willingness to learn applicant tracking software and personnel databases, iOS, MS Office, Google Suite, and webinar platforms such as Zoom, or equivalents to these.
- Must be flexible and eager to engage the highly mobile and predominantly remote teams that make up ACE.
- Effective time management skills, and the ability/desire to concurrently perform multiple deadline-driven tasks.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, understanding and an ability to effectively interact with individuals (internal and external) from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, ability and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver's license and an insurable driving record
- Proficient in English
- Ability to pass a federal criminal background check
- Willing to abide by ACE Policy and Federal Drug Free workplace policies and laws. ACE reserves the right to drug test at any time.
Physical Demands, Work Environment and Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, talks and hears. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard/mouse and other office equipment. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb stairs, and/or crouch (all physical demands are required with or without reasonable accommodations).
- Vision Requirements: Requires close, distance, peripheral and depth perception vision as well as the ability to focus.
- Weight Lifted or Force Exerted: Frequently lifts up to 10 lbs., occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
- Environmental: Mainly indoor, office environment conditions; indoor air quality is good and temperature is controlled.
- Noise Environment: Moderate noise such as in a business office with equipment and light traffic.
- Travel: This position may require domestic travel as needed.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your relevant project management experience and why you are a good fit for this position to the online application portal here. Qualified applicants may be contacted directly to schedule an interview. All application materials must be submitted to be considered for this opportunity.
For specific questions not answered above, please contact: ACE EPIC National Associate Director, Zoe Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: October 14, 2021
American Conservation Experience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Conservation Experience complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.