Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
Type of Job
$45,000 - $60,000
Jul 19, 2022
About the job
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is seeking a creative and self motivated individual to join our team as a Multimedia Storyteller. The Multimedia Storyteller will be an essential part of the Marketing and Communications Team. This position will lead the organization’s social media strategy, multimedia content creation, and storytelling elements. Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Multimedia Storyteller will be responsible for creating, developing, writing, and implementing strategic social media content and campaigns to effectively communicate WRA’s impact and influence and promote and extend the brand. This role collaborates with team members and other departments to build highly effective, metrics-based, fully integrated online/offline/multi-channel communications and fundraising campaigns to grow the organization’s thought leadership and achieve programmatic goals to advance WRA’s overall work.
ABOUT WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES
WRA fights climate change and its impacts to sustain the environment, economy, and people of the West. We respect the different needs of diverse people and partner with them to develop a shared vision for progress—one that advances communities while protecting biodiversity.
Our team of policy experts, scientists, economists, and attorneys has a 30-year history of working where decisions are made, sweating the details, creating evidence-based solutions, and holding decisionmakers accountable. This on the ground work with policymakers and other advocates advances clean energy, protects air, land, water, and wildlife—and sustains the lives and livelihoods of the West.
This position has the option to work remotely anywhere within our seven-state region, or from one of WRA’s six offices; or a hybrid of the two. Our seven-state region includes Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. WRA has offices located in Boulder, CO; Carson City, NV; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Salt Lake City, UT; and Santa Fe, NM. Some occasional travel within WRA’s region will be required for collaboration with WRA staff and stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Social Media Strategy & Engagement:
- Lead social media outreach, identifying, creating, and implementing the appropriate content strategies to enhance WRA’s campaign effectiveness, organizational power, brand identification, and thought leadership on conservation issues.
- Grow our social media engagement across multiple channels, including using organic and paid strategies and ensuring solid representation in all WRA states.
- Develop and maintain the visual content and social media calendar for social media outreach, in coordination with a larger multi-channel editorial calendar shared with a cross-departmental team.
- Create and distribute social media toolkits and coordinate a social media ambassador program with staff and partners to expand WRA’s social media reach and provide training for staff and ambassadors on tools and social media best practices.
- Assist in building out a digital ladder of engagement in close coordination with the Marketing and Communications and Development Teams, identifying and implementing the appropriate outreach channels to enhance campaign effectiveness and engagement.
- Lead analysis, conduct testing, derive insights, and convert data into actionable reports and outreach efforts to inform staff and board and to guide continuous improvement of social media campaign results.
- Collaborate with WRA’s in-house graphic designer and digital engagement specialist on social media content and engagement strategies.
- Produce and host WRA’s podcast “2 Degrees Out West.”
- Develop, film, and edit video content for programmatic, media, and social engagement needs.
- Assist in managing WRA’s photo library and budget.
Internal Communications & Administrative Support
- Compile and disseminate the simple weekly internal e-newsletter (the “Insider”) with updates provided by staff to inform the full staff and board of WRA accomplishments and upcoming activities.
- Complement and support other marketing and communications digital and offline initiatives.
- Research new developments in digital online marketing and participate in trainings to ensure that WRA is using the most innovative, affordable, and appropriate strategies.
- Track social media paid outreach expenses and other assigned project expenses to ensure projects stay in budget.
- Conduct trainings and coach the WRA staff and board on best practices for social media.
- Experience in crafting and executing effective online strategies.
- Excellent social media outreach experience creating engaging content using a variety of channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Exceptional social media analysis and reporting experience.
- Great graphic, design and creative visual content creation skills.
- Strong copywriting and communication skills with ability to produce copy of varying tone and messaging based on target audience and medium.
- Solid time and project management, organizational and multitasking skills to deliver successful results on deadlines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated, work well independently, and also enjoy collaborating with a team.
- Proven to be flexible and adaptable to quickly shift priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using graphic design programs (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign), social insight tools (Sprout Social), as well as experience producing and editing short videos in a variety of formats.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
This section is made up of skills that a candidate may come in with, and if not, may be trained on the job. They are not required and candidates who do not possess these skills yet, should not be discouraged from applying.
- Experience with a CRM posting email content and managing an email database.
- Experience with WordPress or similar web software.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some small amount of travel may be required within WRA seven-state region to attend retreats and other events.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for the Multimedia Storyteller position is $45,000-$60,000 annually; salary depends on relevant experience and new staff rarely start at the top of the range. WRA’s excellent benefits package includes a 401(k)-retirement plan with up to 5% matching and health, dental, vision, and life & disability insurance with 100% of premiums for employee coverage paid by WRA. Annually, staff receive three weeks paid vacation leave to start, twelve paid sick days, one paid volunteer day, one paid birthday off, 12 paid holidays, and WRA is closed for Winter Break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day for additional paid time off. After one-year employees are eligible for up to twelve weeks of parental leave with the first six weeks paid, and after five years, staff are eligible for up to twelve weeks of paid sabbatical leave. Position is full-time exempt.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2022
Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our business strategy, mission and vision. We welcome candidates from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join our team. Learn more about our commitment here: https://westernresourceadvocates.org/#commitment-to-diversity.
Western Resource Advocates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.