Multifamily Field Technician and Sustainability Consultant
Denver, CO, United States
Type of Job
Aug 11, 2021
About the job
Our Multifamily Team works mostly in Colorado and adjacent states, but has clients across the country.
Our projects are in the multifamily space, both affordable and market rate housing. We are hiring a
self-motivated building performance engineer/field technician with excellent technical written & verbal
communication skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to energy efficiency,
sustainability and a responsible work ethic.
● 2 - 5 years of experience with commercial or residential buildings, preferably with experience in
blower door testing, commissioning, energy audits, measurement and verification, and/or HERS
● Ability to travel outside the Denver metro area up to 20% of the time, with overnight travel to
conduct work up to 10% of the time.
● Competency with Microsoft Office products
● Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Other Desired Qualifications
● Strong practical background with low-rise residential buildings
● Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, excellent organization, and time management skills.
● Undergraduate degree in engineering or construction management from an accredited program is
● Registered Professional Engineer (PE), or Engineer in Training (EIT) with the intent to pursue a
PE is a plus.
● OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour Certification.
● Experience as a certified HERS Rater, NGBS Green Verifier, and/or experience with the Energy
Star for Homes rating system, LEED for Homes, LEED for New Construction, or Enterprise Green
● Knowledge of current building codes, including IECC
● Experience with energy modeling software
● Conduct field observation surveys and prepare field reports on the status of construction and
● Collaborate and work with clients, design team, contractors, and their representatives.
● Perform submittal reviews and design reviews of architectural and MEP drawing sets
● Conduct in-field inspections and testing, including: framing, air-sealing, and insulation
inspections, envelope leakage and duct leakage testing, ventilation and supply flow rate
verification, and other rough and final stage building performance testing and verification on
low-rise residential buildings.
● Support National Green Building Standard Certification efforts.