Mississippi River Basin Program Director
Flexible within the Mississippi River Basin
Type of Job
$115,000 - $135,000
Mar 2, 2021
About the job
The Nature Conservancy is seeking a collaborative and innovative Mississippi River Program Director to help us execute on our ambitious conservation goals. A trusted name in conservation The Nature Conservancy is
protecting some of our country’s most cherished landscapes and watersheds, and develops sound
science to support the ecology, economy, public health, and equity in the basin. Working with strong
and talented program teams working throughout the basin, this role offers a unique perspective to
influence and shape our conservation strategies and priorities – and to help create a resilient and equitable
future for the people, animals, lands, and waters in the basin. The Director works closely with teams organized to focus on floodplain, government relations, science, agriculture, and communications priorities, and facilitates a diverse leadership team that works to integrate conservation strategies in alignment with The Nature Conservancy’s Shared Conservation Agenda.
Desired Skills & Experience
· BA/BS degree and 10 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Fundraising experience, including identifying donor prospects and donor cultivation.
· Experience directing a major program or project of strategic importance, including management/supervision of multi-disciplinary teams and meeting deadlines.
· Experience working with current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and geographic regions.
· Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
· Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies.
· Experience negotiating
· Experience influencing, developing and implementing conservation policy and plans at the state or country level.
· Experience with financial management of a large program.
How to Apply
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org and search for job ID# 49443 in the keyword search or apply directly here. The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on March 29, 2021. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!