Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program
Type of Job
$750 - $950/wk
Nov 10, 2022
About the job
MEISPP can provide you with a great summer experience working within the Department of Energy (DOE). The DOE sponsors more physical science than any other U.S. federal agency, but with over 14,000 employees and 90,000 contractors, DOE is a lot more than just STEM. Undergraduates and graduate students in most majors can find an opportunity to be a part of the DOE’s mission “to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.”
Students studying in these areas are encouraged to apply:
- Engineering - Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, Material, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Nuclear, and Petroleum.
- Sciences - Biological, Computer, Information Technology, Geology, Math, Microbiology, and Physics.
- Social Sciences - Economics, International Relations, Law, National Security, Organizational Psychology, Policy, Political Science and Sociology.
- Business - Accounting, Business Administration, Communication, Finance, Management, and Public Administration.
MEISPP offers 10-week assignments from June 5th through August 11th, 2023. Some assignments may continue part time during the academic year. Do something big this summer – intern with the DOE!
The stipend information is as follows:
Summer Session (Full-Time Appointments)
- Undergraduate student - $750 per week
- Graduate student - $950 per week
During Academic Terms (Part-time Appointments)
Stipends for part-time appointments will be prorated based on the expected level of effort.
In Person/Hybrid Summer Session
The following benefits will be offered if you relocate more than 50 miles from your home location during the summer.
- Commuting: a stipend supplement of $50 per week to offset expenses associated with commuting to/from your official assigned location and local meetings/training.
- Housing: a stipend supplement will be paid based on the assigned location. Supplements range from $343 - $777 per week.
- Inbound-Outbound Travel: Up to $1000 reimbursement for limited inbound/outbound transportation expenses from your current address to the assigned location.
Virtual Internships Summer Session
If no relocation is required to complete your summer appointment, you will receive a stipend supplement of $150 per week to offset the cost of remote participation.
Apply here: Zintellect - Climb Higher
Check out our website here: Program Details | Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program (MEISPP) (orau.gov)