Mid-Level Giving Manager
Type of Job
Aug 25, 2022
About the job
Are you an experienced fundraiser looking to take a leadership role in developing a new mid-level giving program? Are you passionate about creating a just and sustainable renewable energy future that doesn’t rely on dirty mining or harm communities?
Join Earthworks as our new, full-time Mid-Level Giving Manager.
The Mid-Level Giving Manager reports directly to the Philanthropy Director and supports the raising of funds to advance Earthworks’ mission through building a culture of philanthropy. Earthworks raises more than $8 million annually from foundations and individual donors. The team consists of six roles: Philanthropy Director, Philanthropy Assistant, Major Gifts Manager (Philanthropy Manager), Mid-Level Giving Officer, Foundation Relations Manager, and Foundation Relations Associate.
The Mid-Level Giving Manager is responsible for sustaining and growing Earthworks’ mid-level donor portfolio, including 100+ recurring donors and 300+ donors giving between $250-4999 annually. This new position will define and build the mid-level donor program aligned with our organizational values and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) commitments. The Manager will deepen relationships with donors according to their preferences and interests. The Mid-Level Giving Manager will collaborate with the Philanthropy Director and the Communications Team’s Digital Manager and Associate to build a multichannel donor engagement strategy to expand our email list and acquire new donors who can be moved into the mid-level and major gift programs and identify opportunities for planned giving outreach.
- Creates a strategic vision and plan for the mid-level donor program
- Develops and executes strategies for acquiring, maintaining, and upgrading mid-level donors
- Collaborates with the Major Gift Officer and Philanthropy Director on defining the mid-level donor portfolio and moving donors into the mid-level and major donor portfolios
- Develops and executes strategies for increasing the number of recurring donors and their level of commitment
- Supports overall Philanthropy Team strategy development and building a culture of philanthropy within Earthworks
- Deepens donor relationships and engagement with Earthworks and our mission
- Cultivates relationships, solicits gifts, and stewards recurring donors and those giving $250-4999 annually
- Assists the Philanthropy Director with planning and executing fundraising campaigns as well as drafting cultivation and stewardship materials
- Collaborates with Communications Team’s Digital Manager and Associate on donor acquisition, solicitation, and engagement strategies and tactics
- Develops and implements donor engagement activities and events
Administration and Data Management
- Maintaining accurate donor files and records in the Salesforce CRM with support from the Philanthropy Assistant
- Develops custom reports, dashboards, and campaigns to track progress
Evaluation and Learning
- Develops measures of success for the mid-level program
- Monitors performance of donor communications materials
- Regularly tracks and evaluates progress towards the program’s strategic and financial goals
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3 years of experience and a proven record of success in nonprofit fundraising, particularly with engaging individual donors, implementing fundraising campaigns, and meeting revenue targets. Familiarity and experience with managing a donor portfolio is a plus.
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously on tight deadlines
- Experience using donor management systems and maintaining accurate records, with Salesforce and Salsa Engage a plus.
- Commitment to professional development and keeping current on best practices for mid-tier stewardship and development, and overall philanthropic practices and trends
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate with colleagues working remotely across multiple time zones
- Good computer skills, with experience using Microsoft Office, the Google suite of office applications, with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Good judgment and respect for ethical and confidentiality guidelines
- Commitment to equity and justice
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The salary for this position is competitive for small to medium non-profits, ranging from $67,000-$73,000 per year, depending on experience. Benefits include full health, vision, and dental coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus a partially employer funded HSA), paid vacation, disability and life insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a retirement plan with a 5% employer match after one year. Additionally, after 7 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month, fully paid sabbatical.
Earthworks has a Washington, DC headquarters that allows for a hybrid work environment. While residence in the greater Washington, DC, area is preferable, candidates will be considered from anywhere in the United States, as this job can be performed remotely.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Earthworks requires all those hired to provide proof of full vaccination (vaccination and booster) against COVID-19. New hires who have disabilities that make the vaccine medically inadvisable or those who have a sincere religious belief that the vaccine is impermissible may request an accommodation by contacting Lezlie Griffin, Director of Talent and Equity, at email@example.com. Accommodation will be provided only as required by applicable law.
We’re looking for the right folks to help us in our mission to stand with communities to protect the environment from the destructive impacts of mineral development, in the U.S. and worldwide.
Earthworks is committed to challenging and dismantling systemic oppression. Earthworks’ Board and staff understand that promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) both within and beyond Earthworks is critical to carrying out our mission to protect communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of resource extraction. We understand that our commitment to DEI means a dedication to constant learning and improvement.
Earthworks welcomes applications from diverse candidates and is an equal-opportunity employer. Earthworks evaluates employees and applicants for employment on merit, competence, and qualifications and does not tolerate discrimination.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.careers-page.com/earthworks-2/job/QY697V65 by September 15, 2022. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample (such as a blog post or professional letter, one page or less). No phone calls please.