Type of Job
May 2, 2021
About the job
Based in Auburn, CA, Placer Land Trust (PLT) works with landowners and partners to protect natural and agricultural land in Placer County.
PLT is seeking a Membership Specialist (MS) to further its mission by supporting fundraising goals and membership outreach, retention, stewardship, and recognition. The work is mostly office-based, with a portion of time dedicated to member events and community outreach.
The MS will be a part of Placer Land Trust’s Operations Team (fundraising, communications, recreation and engagement, and general operations) and supervised by the Development & Communications Manager.
This is a 30 hour/week, non-exempt position, with potential to be full time. The position will require occasional work during evenings and weekends, and occasional travel within or outside of Placer County. Flexible work hours and limited telecommuting options may be arranged. See below for salary and benefits.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide administrative and logistics support to membership benefits and fundraising activities, including annual giving, appeals, major donations, planned giving, sponsorships, etc.
- Produce in a timely and accurate manner written acknowledgement of all individual donor contributions.
- Manage fundraising mailings, from materials preparation to mailing; as needed, coordinate volunteers to assist.
- Serve as a resource to board and staff members for information related to donor stewardship.
- Manage or assist with special events including receptions, parties, volunteer stewardship events, preserve dedications, other events.
· Manage and champion the customer relationship management (CRM) database, Neon, to track all contributions and member records; reconcile with accounting; manage data, metrics, and reports; support other staff on its use for fundraising, events, volunteers, and relationship management.
- Seek out, prioritize, coordinate, prepare materials, and track community presentations, tabling opportunities and outreach events within Placer County (with emphasis on western Placer County) and the greater Sacramento region.
- Conduct presentations or coordinate presenters, utilizing volunteers when appropriate.
· Coordinate PLT public volunteer opportunities such as the annual Great Sierra River Cleanup, including outreach, logistics and tracking.
- Manage the email@example.com email account by responding to inquiries and/or distributing requests and communications to relevant staff members.
- Assist with other public outreach and events.
· Participate in staff meetings, retreats, and other PLT activities.
· Complete general administrative tasks (e.g. timesheets, expense reports) on time and accurately.
· Be an outstanding ambassador for PLT and its mission!
Skills & Qualifications
- Big belief in and demonstrated delivery of customer service
- “Can do” attitude: takes initiative and follows through
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and interpersonal a must; comfortable in Spanish a plus)
- Works well with diverse individuals and can balance a variety of needs
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Neon or other CRM database a plus
- Can manage multiple projects on different timelines, and jump on things that need immediate attention
- Interest in and commitment to land conservation and environmental issues
- Able to occasionally work weekends and evenings
- High school graduate (minimum)
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range from $35,000-$40,000 (.75 FTE), based on skills and experience. Benefits include health insurance; paid holidays, vacation, sick, and other leave; retirement program; and training.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Specialist” in subject line. Application period closes May 19, 2021.
The anticipated start date is early-mid July 2021; position will remain open until filled.
Placer Land Trust values and seeks a team with diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, so that our work remains relevant today and for future generations. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and who promote a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more at www.placerlandtrust.org