Type of Job
$40,800 to $48,000
Mar 23, 2022
About the job
Job Title: Membership Manager
Supervisor: Development Director
Compensation: $40,800 to $48,000 (depending on experience);
generous benefits include fully paid health & dental insurance, a Simple IRA retirement plan, 24 days of personal leave/year, 15 days of holiday leave/year, 12 days of sick leave/year, and lots of flexibility in work schedules
Classification: Full time; Exempt
Work Location: Helena, MT
About Wild Montana:
Wild Montana unites and mobilizes communities to keep Montana wild. We believe that public lands contribute to our quality of life and that we do our best work when we have time to enjoy them and live rich, full lives. We’re committed to keeping public lands wild, healthy, and accessible and ensuring that all people are welcome to enjoy and benefit from them.
Wild Montana is a financially healthy organization with a strong investment portfolio and consistent and dedicated support from grants, major donors, and members. We’re also a fixture of Outside Magazine’s top 50 places to work.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Membership Manager is responsible for all aspects of Wild Montana’s membership program as well as fundraising support for the Wild Montana Action Fund. This position involves conducting member outreach, managing event logistics, as well as duties related to membership management. Additionally, this position will manage annual fundraising appeals including coordinating letters and digital appeal tactics and reporting.
The Membership Manager is a valued member of the development team and works to contribute to the overall success of the team’s goals and objectives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Responsible for all aspects of Wild Montana’s membership program, including developing and implementing strategies for recruitment and retention, stewardship, and monthly giving.
● Manage the implementation of digital and written fundraising appeals.
● Serve as the lead point of contact for individual and business members and manage member communications such as renewal letters, online giving pages, gift entry and acknowledgments, emails, and phone calls.
● Manage data and analytics related to membership including producing reports and dashboards, and data maintenance.
● Recruit and manage volunteers to assist with membership functions.
● Manage national charity websites to ensure Wild Montana is accurately and positively represented.
● Execute the planning and implementation of fundraising events.
● Assist with the implementation of the marketing and engagement plan and list-building strategies.
● Manage participation in Montana Shares and other community giving campaigns.
● Proven ability to perform the major duties and responsibilities above
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent customer service and people skills
● Ability to work independently and develop and monitor projects from beginning to end, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
● Keen attention to detail
● Ability and willingness to learn new software and online platforms
● Familiarity with and commitment to wildlands protection and conservation
● Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
● Ability and willingness to travel when needed
● Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends when needed
● Valid United States driver’s license and be insurable
Applications will be accepted starting March 23rd and will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Wild Montana’s Operations Director, Laura Parr, at email@example.com. Cover letters should describe pertinent professional and personal experiences.
Wild Montana is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. We work to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, compensation, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant based on identity, including but not limited to: race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, religion, disability and/or veteran's status. Applicants of all identities are encouraged to apply.