New Paltz, NY
Type of Job
Jun 15, 2022
About the job
Join the Mohonk Preserve Team!
Membership Coordinator – Full-time
About Mohonk Preserve:
Located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley, Mohonk Preserve is New York’s largest nonprofit nature preserve. Our mission is to protect the Shawangunk Mountains region and inspire people to care for, enjoy, and explore their natural world. We manage over 8,000 acres of mountain cliffs, forests, fields, and streams through four integrated programs – Conservation, Education, Stewardship, and Visitor Experience – and welcome over 300,000 members and visitors each year who come to hike, run, rock climb, boulder, bike, cross-country ski, snowshoe and enjoy and experience nature.
Based in a vibrant university community, Mohonk Preserve offers a great working environment in one of New York’s greenest counties, with all-season recreation, access to Preserve lands, a dynamic, committed team of conservation professionals and long legacy of conducting ecological research and environmental education. The Preserve is also the home of one of America’s premier rock-climbing destinations.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission. Successful candidates will be equity-minded and committed to furthering our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice (DEIJ) goals. Mohonk Preserve encourages applications from women, minorities and/or other underrepresented groups.
About the Position:
The Membership Coordinator is an integral member of the team responsible for raising $2.5 million annually to support the mission of Mohonk Preserve. The Membership Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the daily data entry of memberships, business memberships, gifts, and event registrations, ensuring they are processed correctly and efficiently.
Duties include timely membership card processing and gift acknowledgement. This position provides customer service via phone, email and in-person, processes mailings and fulfills other duties necessary to support the Membership program. The Coordinator also performs routine data clean-up tasks to ensure the optimal performance of Salesforce systems and products.
The Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Membership & Database Administration.
Full time (40 hours per week), Regular, Exempt
Low $50s per year; Mohonk Preserve membership for the duration of the position.
Membership and Business Membership Processing (50%)
• Responsible for overseeing and processing memberships, reconciling daily reports, event registrations and donor acknowledgments
• Ensure data entry accuracy and retrieve data efficiently for membership and gift processing
• Create and print membership cards, acknowledgement letters and process mailings, double checking against reports for accuracy
• Perform regular data maintenance and cleanup tasks
• Proactively identify opportunities for systems and workflow improvement, recognize potential issues and provide and implement recommendations for solutions. Identify opportunities for service enhancements and productivity efficiencies
Customer Care (35%)
• Provide customer service to members and other constituents by phone, email, or in person
• Assist customers in navigating their online accounts and transactions
• Manage lost and replacement membership cards and returned mail
• Proactively recommend business process, website, and other changes to improve members’ experience
• Membership budget management
• Process membership donations
• Coordinate Library Lending Program
• Support special events, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
At Mohonk Preserve, our highest priority is finding the best candidate for the job. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications or have a less traditional background.
· A college degree or equivalent work/life experience
· Two years of experience in CRM data entry/management, preferably Salesforce
· Advanced computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications and remote work platforms required (e.g., Teams, Zoom)
· Two years of superior customer care experience including ability to listen to a customer’s needs or concerns
· Exemplary oral & written communication skills with ability to communicate with various audiences
· Have a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice to ensure that all people are respected and welcomed at the Mohonk Preserve. This includes participating in ongoing education and other work the organization undertakes to develop and incorporate these principles
· Willing to work some irregular hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays
· Bonus skills
o Experience with conservation organizations
· A passionate advocate who is committed to Mohonk Preserve’s mission and values. You believe in science-based land conservation practices and sustainable outdoor recreation. You bring an entrepreneurial vision and mindset to your work.
· A strong writer, storyteller, and communicator. You are skilled in breaking down and communicating complex ideas in ways that inspire others to action. You can articulate the “why” behind the Preserve’s mission.
· A thoughtful relationship builder who develops rapport easily and fosters long-term connections. You have a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that translates into lasting relationships both internally and externally.
· An action-oriented, resourceful, and willing team member. You thrive in a lean nonprofit setting with the ability to stay focused and nimble in the face of limited resources, growth and change. You possess a “get it done” attitude, with the ability to innovate, solve problems, and maintain a high degree of flexibility and creativity in a dynamic environment.
Mohonk Preserve’s main offices are located at our Visitor Center in Gardiner, NY. Mohonk Preserve offers hybrid work schedules at this time – coordinated with their supervisor and depending on the job, staff may be able to split time working remotely, as well as in the office and in-person on the land. Generally standard working hours, with some flexibility, to be coordinated with supervisor.
- Health, Life, Disability Insurance
- Dental & Vision Plans
- 403B Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Annuity available upon hire
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Paid Vacation and 12 ½ paid Holidays
- Generous sick time
- Personal Days (3 days)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comp and Flex Time
- Access to lands and some activities of Mohonk Mountain House resort
Eligibility for certain benefits is dependent upon a variety of factors including employment status.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is of the utmost importance. Mohonk Preserve requires all staff either to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or, if they cannot provide such proof for any reason, to wear a mask while working indoors, including in all Preserve facilities and while working outdoors in situations where they cannot maintain social distancing. Regular testing may be required for the unvaccinated. All employees are expected to adhere to required Mohonk Preserve COVID protocols.
Mohonk Preserve is a smoke-free campus.
· Frequently sits for long periods of time
· Frequently uses a computer, keyboard, reads, writes
· May require standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting
· Occasional events indoors or outdoors outside standard office hours and in other locations around the Preserve
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume by July 8, 2022, to: email@example.com
Please include Membership Coordinator in the subject line of your email.
The anticipated start date of this position is mid-late August 2022.
No phone calls please
More information about Mohonk Preserve can be found at https://www.mohonkpreserve.org/
This job announcement is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.