Member Acquisition Associate
Type of Job
$54,000 - $59,000
Dec 20, 2022
About the job
The Member Acquisition Associate is responsible for supporting efforts to acquire Members, primarily through digital media but also non-traditional sources such as Canvassing and Peer-to-Peer engagement. This position will report to the Director of Member Acquisition and will help execute short and long-term marketing plans to meet Member acquisition goals and implement Member acquisition campaigns. This position is also the key point of contact for organizational requests for website updates and ensuring defenders.org is current and representative of evolving best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Director of Membership Acquisition in maximizing donor conversionUse Google Analytics and other reporting data to influence performance metrics established by the Director of Membership Acquisition; identify points of friction and opportunities for improvement
Optimize all pages for SEO; regularly review and report up what visitors are looking for, how long they are engaging with the page and where they are leaving
Provide recommendations for updated content and user experience to ensure defenders.org is up to date and on par with best practices
Support digital strategies through testing; configure donation, advocacy, survey and reporting forms
Conduct quality control of web pages, forms and functionality; test the site for functionality, ease of use and load time
Test different browsers and ensure people with different computers, tablets, and mobile phones can access our websites
- Coordinate with internal and external content developers and website designers to support website updatesOversee the online Help Desk to field requests
Ensure that updates and requests are coordinated with Member Acquisition goals
Collaborate with external partners to fulfill requests
Communicate with internal staff on projects and status
Establish regular meetings with internal teams to understand their needs for site function and content
- Support the execution of non-traditional and emerging Member acquisition campaigns, including:Event Conversion: support Member acquisition at Defenders’ in-person and virtual events
Member Recruitment: support recruitment efforts across channels including, but not limited to Canvassing and Peer-to-Peer programs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Integrated Marketing, Development and Communications to cultivate, retain and upgrade donors and activists.
- Promote the integration of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice strategies into Member acquisition efforts in line with Strategic Goal #2.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 4 years of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for All Defenders
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for Professional
- Ability to accurately maintain electronic and physical records
- Anticipate and meet the needs of internal and/or external stakeholders delivering excellent service
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately and concisely
- Ability to convey effective messages to broad and diverse constituencies
- Ability and willingness to effectively represent Defenders’ interests in external environments
- Ability to exert influence and build consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
- Strong research and data analysis skills, including ability to gather and synthesize information from multiple sources to produce high quality work products in a consistent, efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with willingness to experiment and innovate new methods.
- Facilitate and promote the integration of diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies into Defenders’ work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines while balancing competing assignments
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities while remaining responsive to urgent requests
- Ability to take ownership of a project or process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues
- Ability to manage deadlines on multiple cross-functional projects in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability in managing competing interests on complex issues
- Familiarity with Defenders’ legal, scientific, and/or political issues
- Familiarity with national and regional social, political and ecological landscapes
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for Membership Acquisition Associate
- Technical knowledge in CMS tools such as Drupal and eCRMs, and software like Photoshop or Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of and commitment to web standards and best practices
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with BaseCamp or other project management software
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES, ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Check all that apply
(N)Never, (O)Occasionally or (C)Constantly
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
Adjusting or moving objects up to 10 pounds in all directions.
Communicating with others to exchange information.
Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Operating machinery and/or power tools.
Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Check all that apply
(N)Never, (O)Occasionally or (C)Constantly
Outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
Small and/or enclosed spaces.
No adverse environmental conditions expected.
Check only one
Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders of Wildlife requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Defenders of Wildlife provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, sex national origin, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, personal appearance, family/parental status, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic in all personnel actions.
Please be advised this position is union-eligible.