Media Relations Manager
Type of Job
64,000 to 74,000
May 9, 2023
About the job
The Media Relations Manager develops, manages and implements effective media relations efforts in order to increase affinity and support for The Nature Conservancy’s strategic conservation priorities. You will develop and foster relationships with media contacts along with key internal and external stakeholders. You will proactively identify and cultivate media opportunities and secure placement in top-tier media outlets in support of our conservation communications efforts.
This role will help facilitate ongoing communication between the chapter and the global marketing division. You will develop key messages and talking points for internal staff while identifying target audiences and cultivating media contacts on a local and national level. This role will manage a variety of platforms and tools to communicate to targeted audiences and use a variety of tools to track and measure campaign effectiveness.
This is a hybrid position based in Pennsylvania or Delaware with preference for candidates within reasonable commuting distance of Conshohocken, PA; Harrisburg, PA; or Wilmington, DE. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications and is part of a four-person team. Occasional travel will be required for business meetings, team retreats, and/or training. The salary range for this position is approximately $64,000 - $74,000 and will vary based on experience and geographic location.
As Media Relations Manager, you will:
- Write, edit, and distribute press releases and op-eds around strategic conservation accomplishments, priorities, and other chapter announcements
- Pitch story ideas to journalists, editors, and producers at targeted media outlets
- Facilitate inbound media requests for TNC scientists and/or other experts
- Research and maintain up-to-date lists of media contacts along with relevant coverage areas
- Write, edit, and distribute media training materials for internal TNC chapter staff and trustees
- Identify and track key metrics of success for earned media placements
- Develop presentations and templates for reporting
- Attend select chapter-led events throughout the year
- Collaborate effectively with TNC national and/or global colleagues on top-tier story placements
- Perform other related duties as assigned.