Type of Job
$50,000 - $65,000
Feb 14, 2022
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation (NWF or Federation) is America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes. The Federation's mission is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
To support our mission, we are seeking a Marketing Analyst to serve as the data and reporting liaison between our Children's Publishing team and the Fulfillment House. The candidate will create reporting summaries for circulation marketing promotions, retention schedules and summaries of retention inventory. The Marketing Analyst will maintain accurate reporting and provide detail summary and analysis of trends and projections.
This position is based at NWF’s Headquarters in Reston, VA (due to COVID-19 all NWF employees are working remotely until further notice).
Principal Duties (major areas of responsibility):
- Acquisition Reports – Create and maintain accurate reporting across online and off-line acquisition sources maintaining consistent KPIs across sources
- Create and maintain LTV source evaluations across sources
- Renewals Reporting - Create and maintain accurate magazine renewals reporting using consistent KPIs and Maintain Renewals Master Schedule
- Maintain retention analysis for continuity book club business
- Create and maintain dashboard reporting to communicate publishing goals and performance inside and outside the Children’s Publishing team.
- Help to identify annual Trends/ ways to improve business goals based on trends
- Assist with cost sheets for acquisition/retention
- Work with circulation team to evaluate existing sources of business for long term profitability in addition to campaign performance
- Experience creating and maintaining complex Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- At least four years' experience in a sales/marketing organization, publishing, membership, association, magazine circulation, direct response fund raising, database or direct mail marketing
- Experience with dashboard reporting software (DOMO, Tableau)
- Expertise in Excel
- Strong qualitative analysis skills, proficient in running queries,
- Excellent analysis, organization skills and gives great attention to detail
- Works effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to set priorities and multitask
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
Compensation and benefits:
This position pays between $50,000 - $65,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, but will transition to onsite work when our offices re-open, expected to be in 2022. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at email@example.com or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.