Santa Rosa, CA
Type of Job
$4,322 - $5,252/Monthly*
Nov 23, 2021
About the job
$4,322 - $5,252/Monthly*
Do you have experience working in a Marina environment?
The County of Sonoma Regional Parks Department is looking for an experienced Marina Attendant!
Starting salary up to $30.20/hour ($63,031/year) plus a cash allowance of approximately $600/month*
Working for Regional Parks, Marina Attendants perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance work, new construction, and repair work at a County operated marina. They enforce marina rules, regulations, and ordinances, operate an ice plant, and collect marina fees.
As a Marina Attendant you will also:
- Perform security rounds and dock checks
- Dispense fuel, oil, and ice to boats
- Perform maintenance tasks
- Compose minor incident reports
- Handle cash and retail sales
- Perform janitorial tasks for bathrooms, shower facilities, laundromat, and the Marina Office
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Six or more months of paid experience working in a marina
- Experience with small boat handling and safe boating practices
- Confidence working with the public and enforcing rules in a courteous and firm manner
County of Sonoma's Regional Parks include more than 50 parks, trails, and beaches from Petaluma to Gualala and Sonoma to Bodega Bay. Many offer wild landscapes while others feature sports fields, playgrounds, campgrounds, boat launches, and an environmental education center. Regional Parks also offers a range of recreation, education and natural resource programs that enhance the quality of life and well-being of individuals, families and communities.
What We Offer
When you join the County's challenging and rewarding work environment you become a valuable team member and gain the satisfaction of knowing you're working together to better your community. You can also look forward to excellent benefits* including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- Significant portion of health care premiums paid by the County and access to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply by 12/6/21