Manager - Mobility Funding & Partnerships
Type of Job
$85,000 - $103,000
Jun 7, 2023
About the job
CALSTART is #hiring! We continue to grow and are looking for candidates passionate about improving air quality and combating climate change through equitable solutions. The Manager – Mobility Funding and Partnerships will work in our Innovative Mobility initiative to provide business model and partnership development support for shared mobility projects. This will include engaging with our Clean Mobility Options (CMO) program Administration Team and mobility project awardees. CMO is a statewide incentive program in California that enables under-resourced communities to overcome their mobility obstacles and pilot zero-emission, shared transportation projects. The Manager will work closely with the Innovative Mobility initiative lead and engage with internal resources (e.g., Finance, Contracts, Marketing & Communications) and external partners (e.g., California Air Resources Board and California Energy Commission).
Additionally, the Manager – Mobility Funding and Partnerships will:
- Review financial sustainability plans and provide guidance to awardees.
- Coordinate with mobility project awardees to secure new partnerships and funding sources.
- Conduct research on and develop investment models that can support long-term sustainability of mobility pilot programs.
- Promote the value of mobility projects through speaking opportunities and publications.
- Support the Innovative Mobility team in identifying new business opportunities.
- Lead and support additional Innovative Mobility projects.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry – including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers – to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas: cars, buses, trucks and off-road vehicles, clean fuels and infrastructure, and innovative mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and providing value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you can make a real impact and benefit both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Operations, Sustainability, or other related analytical discipline
- 4+ years of experience with project management and business model development
- Prior experience supporting projects funded through public grants, particularly at the state level
- Prior experience developing strategic partnerships and managing stakeholder groups
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and business models
- Knowledge of shared mobility operating models
- Ability to review business plans and identify gaps
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to conduct market scans and literature reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Creative and critical thinking
- · Prior experience working with tribal governments
- Knowledge of state and local funding programs in California
- Master's Degree or other advanced/professional degree in a relevant field
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply! For qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers.
CALSTART includes the complete salary range amount ($85,000-$103,000) the job level of the job announced. We determine pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Pay for this role will typically be from $85,000-$93,000.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.