Manager, Talent Acquisition
Type of Job
$83,000 - $90,000
Aug 3, 2022
About the job
ABOUT VOTE SOLAR
Vote Solar's mission is to realize a 100% clean energy future through a solutions-driven, people first approach. Founded in 2002, Vote Solar advances just and equitable clean energy policy in state legislatures and public commissions across the United States. Our expertise comes from a deep understanding of the legislative process, regulatory interventions, and the ability to identify and accelerate solar solutions. We are adept at bridging communities and bringing diverse stakeholders together to forge inclusive coalitions and winning campaigns.
Our goal is to effect real, tangible change. And we have the track-record to prove we can do it: Twenty years in, our work has made it so that one in three people live in a state with a 100% clean energy commitment. We’ll not only expand that number, but ensure that more people can participate in holding utilities and decision makers accountable for greater equity and justice in our energy system.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in the workplace and in the communities with which we partner. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including multilingual and multicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political aﬃliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualiﬁed disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Talent + Culture, the Manager, Talent Acquisition manages the selection process and life cycle of candidates, ensuring that candidates receive an exceptional experience from application through onboarding. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about ensuring that we fulfill our mission by working strategically to hire the right people as quickly as possible across the organization. The Manager, Talent Acquisition will work closely with hiring managers and hiring committees to ensure a positive candidate and team member experience.
The Manager, Talent Acquisition’s primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
CANDIDATE PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT + HIRING SUPPORT (40%)
- Manage the selection of exceptional candidates through all stages of Vote Solar’s interview processes
- Assist in the refinement of selection guidelines, tools, and processes to ensure that all teams are equipped with the necessary resources to hire top candidates (including drafting selection processes as needed), with a diversity and equity lens
- Build and maintain relationships with candidates throughout the full hiring cycle, and strategically manage candidate relationships
- Create and manage strong partnerships with hiring managers and serve as a strategic partner in selecting the best possible talent for their teams, including advising on job descriptions, candidate profile, and selection processes
CANDIDATE RECRUITMENT (25%)
- Develop connections and increase knowledge of field to inform a strategic recruitment plan
- Develop and execute on talent outreach strategies to develop high-quality and diverse candidate pools for current and anticipated openings
- Recommend, create, and consistently utilize systems to guide and track the effectiveness and efficiency of recruitment and selection strategies
- Analyze recruitment metrics and feedback from hiring managers to advise on improvements to recruitment and selection processes
- Represent Vote Solar at public engagements, networking events, conferences, job fairs, and meetings, communicating compellingly about Vote Solar’s mission
- Create deep alignment with hiring managers to plan and lead recruiting efforts to ensure high offer acceptance rates
- Work with the Operations Manager to manage job postings across job boards as assigned
OPERATIONS + COMMUNICATIONS (25%)
- Maintain and manage candidate communications across multiple hiring processes
- Collaborate with hiring managers to create project plans for multiple hiring projects
- Draft candidate-facing communications to articulate the selection process and timelines in ways that are comprehensive while being clear and concise
- Communicate with candidates throughout the process in ways that maximize the candidate’s
- experience and comfort
- Manage logistics, including scheduling for multiple hiring projects
- Compile candidate materials for hiring managers, including resumes, cover letters, and other application materials
- Manage candidate statuses in Vote Solar’s applicant tracking system and compile pipeline reports across multiple projects to share with the Sr. Director, Talent + Culture
- May provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to new team members.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION + JUSTICE LEARNING (10%)
- Continue personal learning and contributions to organizational work on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Work to embed equity in all organizational internal practices and culture, as well as our programs.
- Bring openness and engagement to personal, professional, and organization-wide learning on race, class, gender, justice, and equity.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED
- 4+ years’ talent acquisition (recruitment and/or selection) work experience
- Knowledge of strong recruitment and pipeline development practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build stakeholder engagement and manage the work product of team members who do not report to you
- Ability to develop strong relationships and authentically connect with candidates, prospects, and colleagues
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in collaboration with others, anticipate and solve problems, and make sound recommendations for improvements
OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE ACCOMPLISHED OR WOULD BE EXCITED TO LEARN HERE
- Experience and/or interest in learning and communicating about Vote Solar’s work
- Experience creating strong relationships on teams with remote staff
- A personal commitment to being a part of an inclusive and just workplace, including a commitment to being on a journey with Vote Solar to develop personal, and inter-personal core competencies related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice.
- Passion for building new capacity at a growing organization.
- Understanding that how we work (in collaborative, authentic partnership), is as important as what we work on
This is a remote position, with a preference for candidates based near a major transportation hub. During the COVID-19 pandemic, all Vote Solar staff have been working from home and have ceased work travel. When it is safe to do so, this position will require approximately 10% national travel. Workplace arrangements are flexible, including options to work from a co-working space or work from home.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $83,000 - $90,000. Vote Solar provides full-time staff with a competitive package, including 4 weeks of paid vacation, 12 days of sick leave, 4 days of personal leave and 16 paid holidays. We also offer 100% employer-provided health, dental and vision care for both the employee and dependents; a retirement savings plan and an employer match of up to 3.5%; and a paid parental and medical leave policy for all regular employees.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume via Workable. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualiﬁed disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.