Manager, Online Systems
Type of Job
$70,000 – $80,000
Sep 8, 2022
About the job
The Manager of Online Systems primary role is to serve as the lead administrator and functionality expert of NWF’s mission-critical eCRM, Engaging Networks. This person will spearhead projects designed to increase NWF’s online revenue and support fundraising and engagement initiatives. They will research and implement new system functionality, establish SOPs, and troubleshoot data integrity issues. They will be expected to identify potential gaps or risks to our online system/data flows and execute resolution plans. They will advise internal and external stakeholders on Engaging Networks functionality and data flows with other NWF databases. This role will also lead functionality assessments and implementation of other supporter systems that could connect to Engaging Networks or enhance NWF Supporters’ experience interacting with NWF.
The Manager of Online Systems plays a critical role balancing system administration and knowledge as well as being a strategic thinker who will elevate NWF’s eCRM capabilities and experience. The person fulfilling this role is expected to be proactive, detail-oriented, and able to communicate effectively on tasks and projects assigned. This role will fall within the Operations Department and report to the Director of Supporter Systems.
- Develop an online system strategy for Engaging Networks which will identify areas for growth, create priorities that align with organizational goals, and develop key performance indicators.
- Manages projects related to the assessment of new functionality and enhancements to NWF’s online systems.
- Develop, execute, and document testing procedures for Engaging Networks product enhancement rollouts and troubleshooting bugs.
- Manages projects related to assessments of potential systems and implementation of systems and processes that enhance NWF Supporters’ experience.
- Research and implement online system security protocols and develop best practices regarding remediating fraud, data breaches, and other security concerns.
- Lead functionality expert in Engaging Networks and is expected to advise team members, internal business owners, and external stakeholders on system capabilities.
- Lead in troubleshooting complex issues related to system data and/or functionality.
- Develop, document, and enforce standard operating procedures (SOPs) for online system.
- Communicate system and data flow projects/tasks with related system (CRM, HUB, Sitecore) administrators, developers, or project managers.
- Run cross-departmental meetings to gather business requirements from stakeholders and coordinate with other Operations staff to develop a plan to achieve goals.
- Ensure proper documentation and cross-training for optimal business resilience of systems oversight.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with teams and business owners across the Federation who directly use or who’s business processes/reporting are impacted by Engaging Networks.
Skills and Competencies
- Act as a role model in the Operations department for National Wildlife Federations core values and Operation’s principles of decision-making and approach to work outcomes.
- Reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
- Team player able to work proactively and collaboratively with staff members, stakeholders, and vendors
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Able to be a communication bridge across technical and business-side partners
- Self-starter, ability to think outside the box and manage multiple projects from start to finish
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience creating and executing quality assurance testing for system enhancements or troubleshooting bugs
- 3+ years working with enterprise relational databases
- 3+ years administering an eCRM and digital communications tools
- 2+ years managing complex data and systems projects
- Experience implementing and administering Engaging Networks
- Experience in a customer service/vendor management role
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel may be restricted. On occasions when it is deemed safe to travel, there may be 1-3 travel days a year to attend conferences and perform field office visits.
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The National Wildlife Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that everyone living in America has access to clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range is $70,000 – $80,000 per year. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience and skills.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, and are continuing to explore what our future of work will be moving forward. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at email@example.com or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.